First Southwest Continues Reign as Regional Leader
- New appointments for First Southwest. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/19/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30276, p8
Reports on appointments in First Southwest Co. Paul E. Schlosberg as president and chief operating officer; Jeffrey J. Walter as senior vice president of administration for public finance department; Scott O. Fertig as vice president and chief supervisory officer of compliance.
- First Southwest grows Texas-sized, looks past bond work's old borders. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;01/27/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30318, p1
Focuses on the expansion and diversification plan launched by First Southwest Co. Challenges faced by the company in launching the expansion plan; Comment by Hillel Feinberg, chief executive officer of the company; Issues made by the company as senior manager; Background to the company's...
- Brownsville, Tex., Splits $100 Million Bond Issue Between Two Underwriters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31075, p3
Reports that First Southwest Co. has decided to divide a 100 million dollar bond issue for the city of Brownsville, Texas. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bond issue.
- First Southwest Goes West. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/25/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30899, p1
Reports on First Southwest Co.'s opening of an office in Los Angeles, California. Expansion plans of the company; Clients of the company; Banking business.
- School and Police Bans. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32337, p31
The article reports that North Reading, Massachusetts will sell about $13.2 million of general obligation anticipation notes to fund an elementary school and a police station. The financial adviser is First Southwest Co. The bond counsel is Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP. The notes will be...
- Lowell Sets Up Deal. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32337, p31
The article reports that Lowell, Massachusetts will sell about $13.5 million of taxable and tax-exempt bond anticipation notes to fund some construction projects. The financial adviser is First Southwest Co. The bond counsel is Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP. The bonds will be sold via...
- First Southwest Co. Opens New Office in New York City. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/4/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32189, p6
Reports that First Southwest Co. has opened a new office in New York City. Location of the new facility; Public finance bankers assigned to the new office; Background of the company.
- Fed bars bank-thrift merger, citing concentration in a rural Ga. locale. Rehm, Barbara A. // American Banker;8/28/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 165, p2
Reports on the Federal Reserve's rejection of a proposal by First State Bancorp to merge with First Southwest Co.
- Officials in Harris County, Tex., Pick Game Plan for Toll Roads: Hold 'Em. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/22/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32408, p4
The article reports on Harris County, Texas commissioners' rejection of proposals to lease or sell the county's toll road system. According to the article, the county chose to take advice from financial adviser, First Southwest Co. and implement business practices used by private firms to ensure...