L.A. Schools to Sell $2.5 Billion of GOs next month
- School District Gets Off Ohio's Fiscal Emergency List. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30958, p4
Reports that Ohio's Vermilion Local School District has been pulled out from the state's list of districts in fiscal emergency, according to state auditor Jim Petro. Improved fiscal health of the school district; Total number of Ohio school districts that remain in fiscal emergency.
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;4/17/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33896, p2
A correction to the article related to the independent school district and public finance operations that was published in the previous issue of April 2013 is presented.
- Rockford, Ill., Schools Turn to U.S. Judge on Desegregation Funds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p3
Reports that the Rockford, Illinois School District has turned to the federal courts for a solution after the Illinois Supreme Court overturned the district's use of tort immunity laws to pay for desegregation efforts. District financial officials' hope that the court will issue a Jenkins...
- Budget Woes Turn Illinois School System to Local Bankers for Help. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p3
Reports on the Rockford School District's plan to sell its annual tax anticipation warrant issue in February 2000. School district's concern that a budget crisis prompted by an Illinois Supreme Court riling against its Tort Immunity tax levies will dampen investor interest in an upcoming debt...
- Utah school spending increased 8.2 percent per student amid budget cuts. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/30/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the increase in total school spending in Utah for the year that ended June 2002. Categories of school district expenditures; Variations of spending per student in districts; Analysis of the percentage of school district revenue sources.
- Chestatee Regional news and notes. // Georgia Library Quarterly;Summer2011, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p33
The article announces that in 2010, the Dawson County School System in Chestatee, Georgia received a Bright from the Start grant to improve literacy among children.
- Cost-Cutting Measures to Impact Workers, Schools. Wiedemann, Liz // San Diego Business Journal;7/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p13
The article reports that the board of Poway Unified School District in California has approved the budget for the 2008-2009 fiscal year, which will begin on July 1. The new budget includes a $259 million fund for expenditures and a $10.7 million savings from cost-cutting measures. The services...
- Probe Won't Stop Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p1
Reports on the Miami-Dade School Board's plan to move forward with the sale of certificates of participation (COP) and auction-rate bonds in early June 2001. Investigation into the Florida school district's spending; Rating assigned by Moody's Investors Services to the fixed-rate COPs, Series...
- Florida School Districts Offer $200 Million of Insured COPs. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;04/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30620, p36
Focuses on two Florida-based school districts' plan to issue certificates of participation (COP) to fund school needs. Advantages of COP over bonds; Orange County School Board's construction of three elementary schools and one middle school; School Board of Osceola County's plan to build an...