Missouri Governor: School Funds at Risk Without Tobacco Debt
- Missouri Governor Vetoes Education Bills. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31660, p36
On June 18, 2003 a day after the Republican-controlled legislature approved several bills that make up the $19 billion fiscal 2004 budget package, Missouri Governor Bob Holden vetoed the education bills because he believes the funding cuts are too steep, according to budget director Linda...
- Missouri Suit: School Funding Unconstitutional. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31796, p36
Reports on the filing of a lawsuit asking that Missouri's system for funding education be declared unconstitutional. Complaints of the Committee for Educational Equality; Inadequacies of the method of providing aid as provided for by law; Governor Bob Holden's reaction to the lawsuit.
- Gov. Holden Defeated In Missouri Primary. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;8/11/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p26
Missouri Democrats gave a thumbs-down to governor Bob Holden in the state's primary election August 3, 2004 voting instead for state auditor Claire McCaskill by a margin of 6 percentage points. During the campaign for the Democratic nomination for governor, McCaskill criticized the incumbent for...
- Holden Revives Call To Raise Taxes. Goldstein, Lisa // Education Week;2/4/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p18
Missouri Governor Bob Holden has taken the state legislature to task for cutting education funding and has proposed a plan to finance education that would restore cuts made in 2003. For the third time, Holden has proposed a strategy that has proved unpopular with the Republican-controlled...
- Holden's Cuts. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p29
Reports on cuts announced by Missouri governor Bob Holden to the state's budget for the fiscal year 2002. Details of these cuts; Reasons for the cuts; Economic challenges faced by the state.
- Profile. King, Don // State Government News;Mar96, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p29
Presents an interview with Missouri State Treasurer Bob Holden. Educational background; Contributions to community activities; Starting of the Classroom Cents program.
- Managing for Results. Wilson, Quentin // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Spring2002, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on the initiation of governor Bob Holden in managing resources in Missouri. Importance of basing budget decisions on fact-based results information; Implementation of a resource management system; Impact of system on the Department of Transportation.
- Holden winds back the dock. Mandy, Darin // Australian Auto Action;7/31/2014, Issue 1602, p31
The article reports that the 1966 Bathurst 500 winner Bob Holden won the 2014 Lloyd Bax Trophy , a six-lap handicap race, in his Toyota Corolla GT, at Morgan Park Raceway in Queensland.
- Gov. Signs Credit Scoring Bill; Bars Insurers From Using Data As Sole Underwriting Criterion. // Insurance Advocate;7/22/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 27, p23
Reports that Missouri consumers will continue to enjoy the benefits of credit-based insurance scoring under a bill that was signed on July 12, 2002 by Governor Bob Holden.