Munis Weaken as War Talk Rises; Maryland DOT Leads New Issues
- As Orange County cools off, Merrill begins to rebound. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p10A
Focuses on Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.'s efforts to regain its one-time top ranking in the California bond market. Bankruptcy in Orange County, California; Lawsuit charged by Irvine Ranch Valley Water District against Merrill Lynch.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p40
Presents a chart depicting the performance of bond market in the U.S. Details on the municipal bond index; Corporate bond indexes of Merrill Lynch; Index values of the total return growth of the market.
- Analysts see little upside in Merrill bonds. Padgett, Tania // American Banker;05/14/98, Vol. 163 Issue 91, p30
Presents information on bond analysts attitudes towards Merrill Lynch & Company, while indicating the performance of the yields of Treasuries and corporate bonds when merger rumors circulate. Comments from Joseph J. Labriola, head of corporate bond research at PaineWebber Incorporated; Reason...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31478, p32
Presents graphs and charts depicting the statistics of bond market in the U.S. Comparison of daily and weekly prices of bonds; Performance of Merrill Lynch Co. corporate bond indexes; Information about short-term tax-exempt yields.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p33
Presents various statistics on the United States bond market as of August 4, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Reoffering yields; Merrill Lynch corporate bond indexes; Municipal bond index.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;10/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31993, p33
The article presents various U.S. market indicators. The total 30-Day Visible Supply as of October 2004 was $9,3924. The 30-Day Visible Supply reflects the total dollar volume of bonds to be offered at competitive bidding and through negotiation over the next 30 days, it includes issues...
- New Merrill fund's other agenda: abet its European effort. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/14/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p9
Reports on Merrill Lynch & Co.'s offering of a global mezzanine fund intended to provide support to issuers in the junk bond market. Allocation of $1.1 billion for the fund; Expansion of bond market presence in Europe; Rise of similar funds among European rivals of Merrill Lynch.
- Munis Up, ButStreet Is Wary Banner year undercut by gutting of former top players like Merrill. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/12/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 42, pN.PAG
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. bond market during the first nine months of the year 2001. Percentage increase in the municipal bonds in the duration; Position of general public finance sector of municipal bond market; Position of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. in the...
- When There's No Bond Deal to Sell, Brush Up Your Resume. O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;03/27/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on the performance of Merrill Lynch & Co. in the corporate bond market in London, England. Plan to expand beyond basic junk bond sales and trading; Companies participating in the race for junk dominance; Functions of Merrill officials such as Keith Alexander, managing director;...