- U.S. Healthcare M&A Stays Sickly. Appin, Rick // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;02/07/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p11
No abstract available.
- Merger mania hits health care. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;7/22/94, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p25
Reports on the mergers and alliances forged by New Hampshire hospitals to stand up to insurance companies and set the health care agenda. Implications of the consolidation and alliance deals made by the hospitals; Effect on smaller city hospitals; Cost of the consolidation deals; Movement of...
- 1st qtr. merger deals up 21%. Lutz, Sandy // Modern Healthcare;7/25/94, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p4
Reports on the increase in health care mergers and acquisitions during the first quarter of 1994. Report on transactions from Levin Associates; Hospitals; Psychiatric facilities; Rehabilitation facilities; Home-care businesses; Long-term facilities; Medical groups; Laboratories; Imaging...
- PhyCor pays for early mistakes. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;02/02/98, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p21
Focuses on the strategy of PhyCor in creating multispecialty groups to correct its problems. Information on the failures of the mergers planned by PhyCor; Losses anticipated by the company; Details of the restructuring strategy.
- BUSINESS WATCH. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jun99, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p65
Presents news briefs on the health care industry in the United States as of June 1999. Plans of Healtheon Corp. to merge with WebMD, a health care information company; Plans of Synetic to buy Medical Manager Corp.; Deal of the Health Care Finance Administration with the Department of Veterans...
- Orthovita, Inc. Agrees To Be Acquired by Stryker Corp for $3.85 Per Share in Cash. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/17/2011, p812
The article reports on the merger agreement entered by Orthovita Inc. with Stryker Corp., wherein the latter will acquire all common stocks of Orthovita for 3.85 per share. It states that Orthovita Board of Directors consider the mergers to be at best interests of the company and its...
- Bitter ending to troubled deal. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May/June97, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the split acquisition transactions in the health care industry in the United States. Includes the Bergen Brunswig Corp.'s plan to acquire IVAX Corp.; Sierra Health Services Inc.'s plan to acquire Physician Corp. of America.
- Mergers. Greene, Jan // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;09/20/97, Vol. 71 Issue 18, p12
Provides information on the health care mergers and acquisitions. Percentage drop of health care mergers and acquisitions in June 1997; Statistics of health maintenance organization mergers and acquisitions; Information for the purchase of `Health Care Merger and Acquisition Report.'
- Aetna's opening. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;12/22/97, Vol. 13 Issue 51, p1
Provides information on the Aetna company and the effects of its consolidation with U.S. Healthcare company regarding its position in the healthcare industry. Problems associated with the consolidation; Effects of the consolidation; Comments from Sal Uglietta, senior vice president, Aetna...