Romney to Take His Budget-Balancing Plan to Massachusetts TV Viewers
- Culture Bonding. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p25
The article reports that lawmakers have approved a $13 million Cultural Facilities Fund and a $2.45 million increased spending for the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) by overriding Governor Mitt Romney's vetoes. According to the article, the fund will offer grants, loans and planning...
- Massachusetts Senate Pushes Road Merger, But Separate Debt. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31881, p32
Reports on the Massachusetts Senate's released of the transportation portion of its fiscal 2005 budget recommendations. Senate's rejection of Governor Mitt Romney's suggestion to merge the state Highway Administration and the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority; Senate's proposed consolidation of...
- At-Risk Kids. Johnson, Jennifer // Revolution: The Journal for RNs & Patient Advocacy;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p7
Discusses reactions to the plan of Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney to eradicate the program that funds school nurses. State's 2005 budget cuts; Reliance of school children on school nurses; Fight by health care advocacy groups.
- Money woes. Kiritsy, Laura // Bay Windows;2/3/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the proposed budget of Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney for HIV/AIDS funding and suicide prevention programs geared toward GLBT youth in 2005. Amount of budget allocated for HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment; Comment of Rebecca Haag, executive director of AIDS Action Committee...
- Children in Mass.will lose access to school nurses under Romney's budget proposal. // Massachusetts Nurse;Apr2004, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the efforts of students to destroy the budget proposal of Governor Mitt Romney that will affect access to school nurses in Massachusetts. Content of a letter sent by a ten year old boy with asthma; Recognition of the role of school nurses in preserving children's health; Support of...
- Beacon Hill Headlines. // Massachusetts Nurse;Apr2004, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p5
Reports developments related to nursing services in Massachusetts. Plan of Ed Augustus, chief of staff of Worcester Congressman James McGovern to seek Senate seat through the support of Worcester nurses; Implication of Governor Mitt Romney's budget proposal for the nursing profession; Creation...
- MA Universities Face 18% Loss. Albanese, Andrew // Library Journal;6/15/2003, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p22
The Massachusetts House of Representatives, facing a budget gap of more than $2 billion, would reduce state support for the University of Massachusetts (UMass) system by $80 million, an 18 percent cut. However, the House rejected Republican Governor Mitt Romney's most ambitious plan--a proposal...
- Romney: Not Warm. Unfuzzy. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;7/27/2011, p1
A photograph of Mitt Romney, former Massachusetts governor, holding a baby during the campaign at Valley Plaza shopping center in Los Angeles, California is presented.
- Romney: My God, You're Just Human Beings? Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;8/11/2011, p1
A blog on the perception of Mitt Romney, American businessman and politician, that corporations are people is presented.