Treasury Nominee Snow Defends Bush Dividents-Tax Plan
- Snow Lauds Credit Union's Role in Nation. Kaper, Stacy // American Banker;2/28/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 39, p3
This article reports on U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow reiterating that the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush supports the tax-exempt status of credit unions. Snow commented on the importance of credit unions at a Credit Union National Association conference in Washington, D.C....
- Snow Seen Getting Treasury Post Soon . Heller, Michele // American Banker;1/29/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 19, p20
Reports on the expectation of John W. Snow to be confirmed as Treasury Secretary by the U.S. Senate. Questions asked by lawmakers of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee at a confirmation hearing; Expectations of Treasury officials; Likely period of Snow's confirmation.
- Mixed Reviews for Selection of Snow. Dettmer, Jamie // Insight on the News;1/7/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p55
Reports on the reaction to U.S. President George W. Bush's selection of John Snow to replace Paul O'Neill as U.S. treasury secretary. Factor in the decision to offer Snow the position; First major task of the treasury secretary.
- Senators Block Vote On Treasury Hopeful . Heller, Michele // American Banker;1/31/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 21, p18
Reports on the approval of the nomination of John Snow to the post of treasury secretary by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee as of January 30, 2003. Senators who have withheld their votes on the issue; Schedule for the meeting between Snow and the two senators.
- MONEY SHORTAGE. Overdorf, Jason // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);11/28/2005 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 146 Issue 22, p48
This article reports on U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow calling for India to speed up the liberalization of its financial-services sector. Snow argued that loosening rules for foreign investment banks, insurance companies and pension funds would add capital to India's banking system, spread...
- A NEW VOICE AT TREASURY. Insana, Ron // Money;Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p77
Interviews United States Treasury Secretary John Snow, a former CSX executive. Topics of the impact of war on economic growth, his view that the U.S. is in an investor-led recession, effects of taxation, and the ouster of Saddam Hussein in Iraq; Discussion of the economic program of President...
- The Flurry over John Snow. Zagorin, Adam; Carney, James // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/20/2004, Issue 50, p16
The article focuses on possible replacements for U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow, whose term at the office will soon end. According to government sources, U.S. President George W. Bush was considering several candidates including publisher of Forties magazine Steve Forbes and former Texas...
- Treasury's Abernathy Going to ABA. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;1/11/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 7, p1
Reports Wayne Abernathy will become executive director for financial institutions policy and regulatory affairs at the American Bankers Association in February. Comment of ABA President Edward Yingling; Speculation on the reasons for Abernathy's resignation from his position at the Treasury...
- Snow: Put Limits on Fannie and Freddie. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;4/1/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 62, p20
Discusses the view of U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow concerning the government-sponsored enterprises, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The reason Snow suggested placing limits on their mortgage portfolios; The date he will testify before the Senate Banking Committee; His comments quoted from a Dow...