Senator Seeks Lower Threshold for Calif. Tax Measures
- Metro Council Is Heading To Lansing. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/19/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p3
Reports that the members of the Interurban Transit Partnership and the Grand Valley Metro Council of Grand Rapids, Michigan will travel to Lansing, Michigan to oppose the passage of Senate Bill 1103 related to sales tax and public transit funding. Concerns of local advocates of public transit;...
- Virginia's Kaine Pitches Transportation Plan. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;5/22/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32884, p1
The article reports on the Republican opposition over the transportation funding plan proposed by Governor Timothy M. Kaine that would raise about $1 billion per year through a 1% increase in retail sales tax in Virginia. Democrats expressed opposing views to the plan as well, based on their...
- Sales Tax Simplification Bills Introduced in Nebraska, Wyoming. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p4
Reports on the legislation aimed at simplifying the United States' existing sales and use tax system to permit the taxation of out-of-state sales. Introduction of the tax simplification legislation in Nebraska and Wyoming; Number of states joining in the Streamlined Sales Tax Project; Caution...
- No one Issue 2. // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/20/98, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p10
Opinion. Indicates that Ohio voters should reject the Issue 2, the proposed 20 percent increase in the state sales tax. Insight on the disadvantages of the proposal; Conditions under the Issue 2 proposal; Premise of the proposal.
- MICHIGAN: Transport Debate Begins. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/6/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33857, p9
The article offers information on a legislative bill that has introduced to ask the voters of Michigan to increase the state sales tax for generating new money to fund the state's transportation infrastructure project.
- State Superintendent Candidate Attends Gandhi Jayanti. Springer, Richard // India -- West;10/8/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 46, pA16
The article reports on the pledge of Assemblyman Tom Torlakson to prioritize learning and education if he will be elected in November 2, 2010 general election at Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti celebration in October 2, 2010 in Livermore, California.
- Transportation P3 Bill Advances in Pennsylvania. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;2/15/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33467, p18
The article reports on the legislation sponsored by Senator John Rafferty that would enable public-private-partnerships to help finance transportation infrastructure needs throughout Pennsylvania.
- Your Voice ONLINE. // St. Charles Journal;8/7/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 63, pA7
The article presents comments from readers on two articles published in the periodical based on the Missouri sales tax holiday and a correction made to a water bill.
- Michigan Senate OKs Fuel-Sales Tax Transportation Bill. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/2/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33689, p7
The article reports on the Senate approval of the fuel-sales tax transportation bill to finance infrastructure projects in Michigan.