Philadelphia Mayor Plans Job Cuts, Consolidation to Balance City Books
- Philadelphia Mayor Offers $3.4B Budget Designed to Close Shortfall. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p36
Reports on the budget deficit of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Budget designed by Mayor John Street to close the budget deficit of the city.
- Philly Schools Could Be State Run After Oct. 29. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31194, p34
Reports the memorandum of understanding agreement between Governor Tom Ridge and Mayor John Street of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. Agreement suspending lawsuit filed by the city against the state; Amount of the deficit of the district; Conditions regarding the taking of control of the state...
- Budget axe falls in Los Angeles; chancery staff faces drastic cuts. Jones, Arthur // National Catholic Reporter;9/27/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 41, p17
Reports on the budget shortfall in Los Angeles which has led to the dismissal of archdiocesan employees, as of September 2002. Absence of Cardinal Roger Mahony at the meeting for announcement of employee dismissal; Need to give parishes the incentive to take on ministries.
- CONNECTICUT: State Eyes 6,560 Job Cuts. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;7/18/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33550, p9
The article reports on the plans of Connecticut to eliminate 6,560 government positions to balance its 40.5 billion dollars budget for two years and fill the budget gap of 1.6 billion dollars.
- Street Smart. Plummer, William; Calandra, Bob // People;
Profiles John Street, the mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Philadelphia Mayor Offers $3.1 Billion Budget Plan for Fiscal 2003. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;
Reports on introduction of fiscal 2003 budget for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by mayor John Street. Introduction of multibillion spending plan; Possible reduction in wage taxes; Other provisions of the budget.
- Street Wins in Philadelphia; GOP Gains 2 Governerships. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;11/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31756, p1
Reports that John Street has been elected mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Platform of Mayor Street; Plans for the city.
- John Street Sworn In As Philadelphia's New Mayor; Promises To Aid Blighted Neighborhoods. // Jet;01/24/2000, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p35
Reports that Democrat John F. Street has been sworn in as mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Layoffs and Cuts. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31312, p39
Reports on the decision of governor of New Jersey James E. McGreevey to layoff state workers and cut state aid in order to overcome budget gap in the state. Role of former governor Donald DiFrancesco in increasing the budget gap; Number of employees laid off by state Department of Treasury;...