FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- Muni groups ask Senate panel to reject public power bill. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/08/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30306, p4
Reports on a concerted among municipal groups to pressure the US Congress into rejecting a proposed legislation that would put in danger the tax-exempt status of bonds issued for projects that compete in a deregulated electricity market. Provisions under bill introduced by Senator Frank...
- Murkowski Bill Won't Deal With Muni Utilities' Bond Status. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30743, p5
Reports on the plan of Senator Frank Murkowski to introduce a bill that will not include any provisions governing the future use of tax-exempt bonds by municipal utilities in the United States.
- Fish Bonds Well Spent. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32443, p33
The article reports on the financing of the Ruth Burnett Sport Fish Hatchery in Fairbanks, Alaska. The fish hatchery, which Governor Frank Murkowski held a groundbreaking ceremony for it on August 5, 2006, will be funded with the proceeds of $68 million revenue bonds sold by the state in April....
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;12/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31527, p31
Presents news briefs related to the business of bonds and securities in the U.S. as of December 6, 2002. Appointment of former Senator Frank Murkowski as the governor of Alaska; Decrease in economic growth in California; Selection of Republican Linda Lingle as the governor of Hawaii; Decision...
- Before the Committee. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p29
Reports that Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski testified before a state Senate committee, imploring its members to seek a solution to the budget deficit of the state.
- Alaska Governor Seeks $178M in Debt, New Taxes for '05. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p4
Focuses on the proposed fiscal budget of Alaska governor Frank Murkowski. Inclusion of bond issuance in the proposal; Amount of the budget; Purpose of the fiscal budget.
- Tax-Exempt Energy Bond Bill Unveiled. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31084, p1
Reports on the plan of Senator Frank Murkowski to introduce an energy bill that would allow state and local governments to use tax-exempt bonds to purchase prepaid natural gas contracts. Protection of the tax-exempt status of public power utilities' bonds; Benefits from the proposal.
- Alaskan Projects Loom Large. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/29/2006, Vol. 256 Issue 21, p14
The article reports that it is boom time in Alaska for construction. Legislators pushed through a funding bill this month that will cover $2.5 billion in capital projects. Awaiting final approval by Governor Frank Murkowsk, expected before the start of the fiscal year in July, the bill will fund...
- Gas Pipe Start-Up. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31864, p31
Reports that Alaskan Governor Frank Murkowski has signed a bill appropriating funds for efforts to bring North Slope natural gas to market.