Ambac Reports 4Q Net Income Down 45%; Radian Says Its Was Up 12%
- Ambac, Radian Post Increases in First Quarter Earnings. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/22/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31619, p28
Ambac Financial Group Inc.,New York-based owner of bond insurer Ambac Assurance Corp., last week reported first quarter net income of $137.9 million, an 18jump from $117.0 million in the first quarter of 2002. Ambac reported adjusted gross premiums of $322.4 million for the first quarter, up 52...
- Bond Insurers: Ambac Reports 'Exceptional' 4th Quarter, Up 20% From 2000. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p28
Reports on the net income earned by Ambac Financial Group Inc. during the fourth quarter of 2001. Factors attributed to the income earned by the company; Comparisons of the net incomes earned by the company during 2000-02; Rise in net premiums of the company.
- Ambac announces rise in 1st-quarter income. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;05/04/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30633, p25
Reports on the financial performance of Ambac Financial Group Inc. in the first quarter of fiscal 1999. Net income; Earnings per share.
- Ambac Financial posts earnings increase. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;07/31/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30447, p3
Announces an increase in Ambac Financial Group's second quarter core earnings for 1998. Income per share; Outlook for Ambac's structured and international deals; Gross premiums written by Ambac during the period.
- Ambac third-quarter net income rises 22%. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30760, p25
Reports on the 22 percent net income increase at Ambac Financial Group Inc. during the third quarter of 1999 over that of 1998. Adjusted gross municipal premiums written; Decline in total municipal volume offset by increase in market share for the quarter; Increase in municipal pricing;...
- Ambac Reports Quarterly Earnings. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;04/20/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30875, p7
Reports on the financial performance of Ambac Financial Group in the first quarter of 2000. Increase in the firm's net income; Factors behind the firm's strong bottom-line quarter; Business opportunities from the structured and international markets.
- Ambac Reports $206 Million of Net Income. RENICK, OLIVER // Bond Buyer;8/15/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33963, p4
The article reports that the bond insurer Ambac Financial Group Inc. has reported 206 million U.S. dollars of net income after exit from Chapter 11 of the bankruptcy case.
- Insurers. // American Banker;3/20/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 55, p9
The article sums up events during the past week (March 13-20, 2008) in the insurance business, reporting that bond insurers Ambac Financial Group Inc. will keep its triple-A rating and FGIC Corp. lost $1.89 billion in the fourth quarter. Radian Group Inc. wrote down debt and Triad Guaranty Inc....
- Ambac's Net Income Up in 4Q, While Radian's Slipped by Half. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;1/29/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31810, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Ambac Financial Group Inc. and Radian Group Inc. in the U.S. Net income in the final quarter of bond insurer Ambac Assurance Corp.; Decrease in the amount of the adjusted gross premium; Charge imposed per share for the closing subsidiary RadianExpress.com...