Hawaii Governor Calls for Tax, School, and Campaign Finance Reforms
- Masters Swimming's First Governor. Groth, Lollie // Swim Magazine;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p22
Features Masters swimmer and Hawaii Governor Linda Lingle.
- Hawaii's Lingle Targets Deficit, Proposes More Restructuring. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/30/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33241, p24
The article reports on the proposal of Linda Lingle, governor of Hawaii, to reconstitute the state's debt portfolio as part of the project revision proposal which focused on dealing with a continued decline in tax receipts.
- Banks, Loans, Hurricane Fund To End Furloughs in Hawaii. // Education Week;6/9/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p4
The article discusses the decision by Hawaii Governor Linda Lingle to end the state's school furloughs for the 2010-2011 school year by taking over $50 million from the state's hurricane relief fund and channeling it to the education system.
- Gov. wants to bottle bill. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;2/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the proposal of Hawaii's governor Linda Lingle to the state Legislature to repeal the bottle bill. Expenses involved in the bill; Support of the National Soft Drink Association for Lingle's proposal; Proposal of Lingle to seek state aid for the cleanup programs.
- Civil unions veto prompting talk of Hawaii boycott. // Bay Windows;7/15/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p4
The article offers information on the unrest among the Gay-rights activists due to the Governor of Hawaii, Linda Lingle's veto of legislation to grant civil unions to same-sex couples.
- Hawaii governor vetoes civil union bill. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;7/8/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p2
The article reports that Linda Lingle, Hawaii governor has rejected a civil-union bill on July 6, 2010.
- What Will Linda Do? Gizzi, John // Human Events;3/21/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p7
The article reports on the emergence of former Hawaii governor Linda Lingle as the possible Republican candidate in light of the announced retirement of Democratic Senator Daniel Akaka in March 2011.
- Hawaii Union Files Complaint Against Governor on Furloughs. // Education Week;3/3/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p4
The article discusses a complaint filed by the Hawaii State Teachers Association with the Hawaii Labor Relations Board against Governor Linda Lingle, saying Lingle agreed to use $50 million from the state's rainy day fund to prevent teacher furloughs but rejected a deal to do so.
- Hawaii Governor Calls for $100M Boost in Housing Agency's Bonding Level. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/28/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31809, p32
Reports on the proposal of Governor Linda Lingle to increase the bonding level of a housing authority in Hawaii. Signs of recovery shown by the economy of the state; Projection of a lack of 30,000 housing units for low-income residents; Support sought by the governor from private developers.