Colorado Crafting Plan to Issue COPs for Jails, Health Sciences
- FEDERAL PARTICIPATION CERTIFICATES. Junk, Paul E.; Nickles, Lonnie // Nebraska Journal of Economics & Business;Spring70, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p21
Examines a law regarding the participation of the federal government in lending activities in the U.S. Background on Participation Certificates in the country; Information on various types of federal credit programs related to the Participation Certificates of the government; Details on the...
- Georgia lawmaker proposes putting COPs before the people. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30820, p6
Focuses on the proposed legislation in Georgia that would require voter approval for certificates of participation. Impetus for the proposal; Terms of the bill; Implications of the bill for the state.
- Proposed California law may free cities from paying district's debt. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;02/08/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30824, p7
Reports on the proposed legislation in California which seeks to allow cities to secede from the Water Replenishment District of Southern California. Provisions of the proposed legislation; Impact on the district's plan to sell certificates of participation.
- Florida Bills Would Require Voters' OK for Water District COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33072, p6
The article reports on the bills filed by Senator Michael Bennett and Representative Trudi Williams that would require water management districts to get voter approval through referendums before selling certificates of participation (COPs) in Florida. The bills are cited to impact the South...
- BANK LAW NEWS. Gapozzola, Carmine J. // Banking;Jul65, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p120
Presents updates on banking law in the U.S. as of July 1965. Liability of banks on personal money orders; Eligibility of certificates of participation issued by the Federal National Mortgage Association; Regulation issued by the U.S. Comptroller of the Currency.
- Orange County Sanit, Calif., Upgraded to Aa1 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;2/20/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34063, p1
The article presents information on the upgradation of refunding certificates of participation (COP) of the Orange County Sanitation District, a wastewater treatment facility in Orange County, California. It reveals that rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the ranking from...
- Dispute Over Detroit's Certificates Could Snag Bankruptcy Exit. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/20/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34164, p1
The article discusses concerns regarding the 1.4 billion U.S. dollars certificates of participation (COPs) as Detroit, Michigan, is facing bankruptcy adjustment plan. Topics discussed include impact of COPs lawsuit on the recovery plan of Detroit, Detroit nearing towards the 5.3 billion U.S....
- Defaulted 1992 COPs for California Migrant Workers May Yet Bear Fruit. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p4
Reports that investors of defaulted certificates of participation in 1992 to finance a facility for migrant workers in Arvin, California may recoup some amount of their investments. Company in negotiations for purchasing the facility; Reasons for the failure of the investment project;...
- Tobacco District COPs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p29
Reports that Durham, North Carolina will sell multi-million dollars worth of certificates of participation.