U.S. Mayors Seek Champion for Water-Projects Cause
- Lawmaker's Bill Would Ease Advance-Refunding Limits. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p4
Reports on a possible legislation on a Senate bill in the U.S. Senate as of February 2003, that could ease advance-refunding restrictions related to bonds, allowing states and local governments to take advantage of low interest rates. Details of the bill; Person who introduced the legislation...
- Bill Would Expand IDB Financings, Allow Bank Deductibility on Issues. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p5
Reports on the introduction of a tax legislation in the U.S. House as of February 2003, that would allow more facilities to be financed with industrial development bonds and apply bank deductibility to such bonds on a limited basis. Provisions of the bill; Person who introduced the bill; Impact...
- Bill Could Give Harris Country, Tex., Role in Galveston Bridge. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31594, p7
Reports on a legislative bill to give commissioners of Harris County, Texas the authority to issue bonds secured by a number of revenue sources. Provisions under the bill; Implications of the approval of the bill for the county; Senator who introduced the bill.
- Oregon Bill For $400M In Bonds Set. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p1
Reports on the decision of Oregon governor John Kitzhaber to sign a bill that authorizes sale of bonds for road improvements. Sponsor of the bill; Information regarding date of issue of bills; Disapproval to the proposal of increasing gas taxes to fund transportation projects.
- State Senate Passes Bill Authorizing Up to $6 Billion in Transport Debt. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p5
Reports that the Virginia Senate has approved legislation authorizing the issuance of up to $6 billion in bonds for transportation projects in the eastern part of the state. Significance of the bill for state voters; Provision in the bill related to the utilization of revenues from the bonds;...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;3/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31351, p34
Presents a chart depicting the bond buyer legislative status in the U.S. Use of mortgage prepayments by housing agencies; Issuance of tax-exempt governmental bonds to finance a professional sports stadium; Eligibility of the people to participate in mortgage revenue bond programs.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31360, p6
Reports the status of the proposed bond buyer legislation in the U.S. Approval of the restoration of earnings law for individuals and families; Inclusion of the Affordable Education Act 2001 in the tax law; Debate over the comprehensive energy bill by the Senate.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p4
Presents chart depicting the bond buyer legislative status in the U.S. Provisions of the law; Bills proposed in the Senate; Status of the legislation.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31380, p4
Focuses on the legislative status of bonds in the U.S. Proposal of repeal on the housing bond and credit modernization act; Authority on the issuance of taxable credit bonds; Introduction of bill allowing Indian tribes to sell tax-exempt debt.