Chicago Housing Authority Failed to Help Displaced Families, Suit Charges
- CHICAGO'S PUBLIC TO PRIVATE HOUSING PLAN. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the Chicago Housing Authority's (CHA) plan to shift public housing residents to private rental housing. Demolition of high-rise CHA buildings; Other insights from The Urban Institute's report, 'CHA Relocation Counseling Assessment'; Government assistance for those taking the shift.
- Moving and Improving: Strategies for Attaining Housing Equilibrium. Littlewood, Amanda; Munro, Moira // Urban Studies (Routledge);Nov97, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p1771
Summary. The concept of equilibrium consumption is central to much housing market analysis, yet analysts must contend with the likelihood that many housing consumers are not at an exact equilibrium level of consumption because of the inhibiting effects of the high cost of moving. This paper...
- The security of old staples after moving in Maine. Gould, John // Christian Science Monitor;2/16/96, Vol. 88 Issue 57, p17
Opinion. Reports on a family's move from a rugged coast of Maine, after they were told the move would prove cumbersome. Comments from Alcide Bergeron of Boobytown Maine; Adjustment of family to new surroundings.
- At home in America. Celine, Ann // American Enterprise;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p65
Narrates the author's experiences on relocating to the Midwest. Fears concerning major cities; Neighborhood description; Spirits and outlook on America; Experiences with family violence.
- My Remembrance of World War II. Correl, Frank // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;10/15/2010, Vol. 206 Issue 23, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being relocated from the countryside to London, England, in September 1940.
- Dream homes of the future. Smith, John Philip // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Jan/Feb98, Vol. 21 Issue 138, p19
Preents information on the proposed move of baby boomers regarding relocating to the country. Detailed information on this proposed move; Reasons for this notion; Comments from David Foot, economist and others.
- Time to move on. McWilliam, Fiona // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Sep96, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the relocation of community of native Canadian people living in Labrador, northeastern Canada. Improvement of the social conditions of the natives.
- Texas strikes a balance in relocations, study says. Giddens, C.D. // Business Press;3/22/96, Vol. 8 Issue 47, p5
Reports that Texas is a balanced state when it comes to household relocations according to the Allied Van Lines' magnet state report. Result of a survey of relocations in 50 states.
- Relocation considerations. // CMA Magazine;Feb97, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p34
Presents relocation cost analysis in metropolitan areas in Canada based on survey findings of Runzheimer Canada. Cost-of-living values in Canadian locations; Impact of relocation cost to lifestyle living.