NEWS IN BRIEF
- Health plans grandfathered, even with new carrier. // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;Jan2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that the departments of Labor, Treasury, and Health and Human Services in the U.S. have amended the interim final regulations of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) to allow employers to choose insurance carriers without affecting the grandfather status.
- Mental health regs issued. Fisher, Mary Jane // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;01/19/98, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p21
Reports that the Department of Labor, Health and Human Services and the United States Treasury have jointly issued interim regulations to assist employers and insurance companies in complying with the Mental Health Parity Act of 1996. When the regulations were signed; Details on the regulations.
- Status of Fiscal Year 2010 Federal Improper Payments Reporting. Daly, Kay // GAO Reports;4/15/2011, p1
The article presents a report from the U.S. Government Accountability Office regarding the problems on improper payments in the federal government in 2010. It discusses aspects of Improper Payments Information Act of 2002. Also explored are the programs that contribute to the improper payments...
- Retail Real Estate Business Conditions. // Retail Real Estate Business Conditions;4/1/2011, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p1
The article presents the business condition of the retail real estate industry in the U.S. by the International Council of Shopping Centers. The Department of Labor reported that improvement in labor market, noting the increase in shopping-center employment. Several statistics are presented on...
- Treasury 4-Weeks Go at 1.400% High. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p2
Reports on the move of the U.S. Department of the Treasury to auction bills.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/17/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31534, p2
Presents news briefs related to the financial sector of the U.S. as of December 16, 2002. Increase in tender rates of the U.S. Treasury Department's discount bills; Sale of four-week discount bills by the department; Comparison of fluctuations in index points of the National Association of Home...
- Treasury 5-Years Go at 3.430% High. newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/13/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31761, p2
Reports on the U.S. Department of Treasury's auction of five-year notes.
- Treasury 4-Weeks Go at 0.890% High. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/13/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31761, p2
Reports on the U.S. Department of Treasury's auction of four-week bill.
- Applying Agreed-Upon Procedures: Federal Unemployment Taxes: GAO-07-130R. Sebastian, Steven J. // GAO Reports;11/3/2006, p1
We performed the procedures which we agreed to perform and with which the Department of Labor (DOL) concurred soley to assist the DOL in ascertaining whether the net federal unemployment tax (FUTA) revenue distributed to the Unemployment Trust Fund (UTF) for the fiscal year ended September 30,...