Florida Review Sought
- Supporters Fear Gov. Bush May Hold Water Bill Hostage. // Bond Buyer;7/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31671, p3
Reports on consternation among lawmakers regarding the postponement of sale of revenue bonds owned by Florida Water Service Corp. due to Florida governor Jeb Bush's debate with lawmakers on certain issues. Number of lobbyists working for Florida Water Services in the state; Effect of lack of...
- Jeb Bush Picks Goldman, Salomon for Everglades Program. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p3
Reports that Florida governor Jeb Bush and his cabinet selected the finance team for the multi-million dollar Everglades Restoration Bonds program as of February 2003. Companies that will perform underwriting duties; Bond counsel for the program; Details of the program.
- Sunshine State Spending. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;03/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31092, p1
Reports on the plan of some legislators in Florida to provide new bonding authority to private schools and professional and amateur sports entities, and to develop high-speed rail. Proposal of Governor Jeb Bush to cut spending and the size of state government; Supply of tax revenues.
- Jeb Bush calls for bonds. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30571, p1
Reports that Florida Governor Jeb Bush's $46.8 million budget proposal is calling for about $1.13 billion of state bonding for fiscal year 1999-2000. Priorities for education, environmental protection and growth management; Infrastructure projects.
- Saving Everglades, Environment Are Top Priorities in Gov. Bush's Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;01/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31052, p43
Focuses on Florida Governor Jeb Bush's introduction of his environmental projects. Plan to issue bonds to pay for them; State-federal plan to restore the Everglades; Growth Management Study Commission's review of laws that were to protect environmental resources and manage development.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;9/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31479, p31
Reports developments on bonds issues in the southeastern part in the U.S. as of September 2002. Stability of the rating on debt issued by Montgomery Medical Clinic Board; Performance rating of Democrat Governor Don Siegelman given by Cato Institute; Implication of the rating given to Florida...
- Garvee bonds, new SIB drive Florida governor's road plan. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;01/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30811, p1
Reports that Florida officials are receptive to Governor Jeb Bush's Mobility 2000 road-building plan. Reliance on financing methods such as grant anticipation revenue vehicle bonds to accelerate the construction of highways and bridges in the state; Tapping into federal funds to finance to program.
- Florida Candidates Pay Little Notice To Bonds; Campaign Faces Voter Apathy. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;10/13/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30498, p1
Reports that bond-related issues are not being addressed by Florida gubernatorial candidates Jeb Bush of the Republic Party and Governor Buddy MacKay of the Democratic Party. Candidates' focus on policy items including private school vouchers, gun control and education spending; Candidates'...
- Jeb Bush: Light-Rail and Class-Size Amendments No Good For Florida. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31586, p32
Reports on the plans of Florida Governor Jeb Bush to propose for the repeal of two constitutional amendments that would require the state to issue bonds towards reducing school class sizes and to build a high-speed rail system. Appointment of lieutenant governor of the Sunshine State by Bush;...