THE EVOLVING RETIREMENT INCOME PACKAGE: TRENDS IN ADEQUACY AND EQUALITY IN NINE OECD COUNTRIES
Tags: RETIREMENT income
- How to use severance pay for retirement. // Black Enterprise;Mar1987, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p63
Leaving a company with a useful severance package can pave the way to high-yielding opportunities for early retirement if you take the right advice. Describes several severance plans, with emphasis on retirement.
- The power of those megabuck pension funds. Barnosky, C.W. // Black Enterprise;Apr88, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p60
How the megabuck pension fund managers handle the money and make critical investment decisions.
- Securing the golden years. Marsa, L. // Black Enterprise;Dec88, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p62
Explains how to help elderly parents manage their assets. Increased longevity; Talking openly about money; Financial experts who specialize in geriatrics; Local aging office; `Making Peace With Your Parents' by Leonard Felder; AARP (American Association of Retired Persons); Blue Cross/Blue...
- Data stream. // Bank Marketing;Sep97, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p54
Examines the main sources of retirement income in the United States. Percentage of investors who believe that company pensions will be the main source of retirement income; Other possible sources of retirement income.
- Will IRA's pay off in the end? Robbins, A.; Robbins, G. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jan1990, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p29
Describes benefits and drawbacks of IRAs as a way to save for retirement. Social Security benefits tax; Implications for young savers; Desirability of several savings vehicles. INSET: Who can invest in an IRA?.
- Innovative ways to get employees involved in retirement planning. Gooch, Rex // Employee Benefits Journal;Jun93, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p37
Presents a model on how to get employees involved in retirement planning as utilized by Coors Brewing Company. Rationale for retirement planning; Defining employee needs and identifying three areas of retirement planning; Highlights of the Coors 401(k) plan; Tax effective retirement account;...
- Factors affecting retirement income. Wiatrowski, William J. // Monthly Labor Review;Mar93, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p25
Analyzes the United States retirement income system in light of changes in the population, the labor force and retirement plan design. Retirement income coverage; Amount of benefit; Retirement income and job mobility; Retirement ages; Personal savings; Future outlook; More.
- Workers lose faith in retirement income prospects. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;3/3/97, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p8
Reports on a survey carried out by the Employee Benefit Research Institute of Washington, on workers' confidence in their retirement income prospects. Percentage points by which workers' confidence declined. INSET: Indexes for valuing pension liabilities under FAS 87, ...
- Going out in style. Thoresen, Susan Werner // Planning;Jul93, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p18
Gives advice on financial and other strategies for retirement. Tax deferred savings; Company plans; Supplementary investments; Cases; Withdrawal of retirement funds.
- Get the better of workers compensation. Larrick, Michael P.; Messick, Richard // Journal of Property Management;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p76
Looks at various aspects of workers compensation. Factors which affected the insurance industry's profitability index; Identification of workers' compensation options which may be used; How property managers may benefit from the workers compensation market.