N.Y.'s Schumer Seeks $40B Aid Package for States, Localities
- Senator Schumer: Moderate at home, a liberal in capital. Lipowics, Alice // Crain's New York Business;07/05/99, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the positions of United States Senator Charles Schumer in various issues. Liberal credentials; In favor of expanded liability lawsuits; Opposition of privatization of Social Security; Supporter of legislation to modernize regulation of financial services; Friend of trial lawyers.
- 'Ditch the junk and grab the grapes'. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/2/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 22, pS8
The article reports on the proposed bill of U.S. Senator Charles E. Schumer to prevent diabetes. Schumer visited Hudson Valley Hospital Center to promote his bill for diabetes prevention and to highlight the hospital's effort to combat the disease. The bill proposed to tax manufacturers of junk...
- Schumer Looks To Modify TRIA. Brady, Matt // National Underwriter / P&C;2/25/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the plan of New York Senator Charles E. Schumer to modify the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act that provide precaution for insurers in the event of catastrophic terrorism loss in the U.S. The plan is enabled by the introduction of the legislation S.2621 by Schumer that would...
- ATW Announces the 'Chuck Schumer Nothing is More Frustrating Contestâ€¦. // Air Transport World;Sep2006, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p88
The article reports on the announcement of Sen. Charles Schumer to introduced the Airline Travelers Late Awareness Act into Congress in the U.S. The bill requires carriers to alert passengers about pending delays to their flights and allow to rebook or cancel the flight without penalty....
- Schumer: Financial Firms Top Spammers. Karp, Hannah // American Banker;4/30/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 82, p19
Reports on the introduction of a legislation to deal with the problem of junk electronic mails by senator Charles Schumer targeting financial services companies in the U.S. as of April 29, 2003. Categories of mails that the bill aims to reduce; Implications of repeating the offenses for senders...
- A Taxing Situation. Salomon, Andrew // Back Stage East;10/26/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 43, p3
The article focuses on the legislative bill proposed by U.S. Senators Charles E. Schumer and Dianne Feinstein, which would spare a tax bill on actors and other performers who earn less than $30,000 a year. After preparing her tax return, actor and singer Nikki Switzer discovered she owed money...
- Suitability in House Bill. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;4/2/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the move of Senator Chuck Schumer to draft a predatory bill that will create a suitability standard for mortgage lending and a national regulatory system for all loan brokers in the U.S. The bill states that lenders and brokers cannot issue a loan to those borrowers who...
- Campaign '10 Mood Music. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;2/2/2010, p1
A photograph showing U.S. Senator Charles E. Schumer is presented.
- Sen. Schumer - A man in full swing. Mills, Jim // Hill;10/29/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 121, p24
The article profiles Charles Schumer, a Senator in the U.S.