- Alabama Governor Signs Budget, Eyes Special Session for Schools. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32191, p4
Announces the approval of Alabama Governor Bob Riley of the 2006 state general fund budget. Plan of Riley to consider a special session to ask legislators to approve a bond bill for school construction and to consider measures to relieve prison overcrowding in the state; Allocation of budget for...
- Alabama Governor Wants Special Session Accountability. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p32
Reports on the priority of Alabama Governor Bob Riley in restoring public trust. Presentation of a balanced spending plan in 2005; State budget; Shortfall on Medicaid program.
- Stadium Shorted. Sigo, Selly // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p27
The article reports that Alabama Governor Bob Riley has said that the state could not afford the US$75 million of financial help to fund construction of a US$498 million stadium and entertainment complex in Jefferson County, Alabama.
- Alabama Lawmakers Weigh Repeal of Sales Tax Earmarked for School Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p7
Reports on Alabama lawmakers' plan to introduce a bill that would repeal a one-cent sales tax increase that Jefferson County commissioners plan to parlay into bonds for local schools. Special session requested by Governor Bob Riley to consider five bills proposed by his Blue Ribbon Task Force on...
- Alabama's Republican Governor Threatens Veto of Legislature's Tax-Hike Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p30
Reports on the plan of Alabama Governor Bob Riley to veto a legislation on tax hike plan. Proposed tax increases.
- Jefferson Commissioners to Be Asked To Extend Forbearance Until Feb. 20. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/8/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33018, p36
The article reports that Jefferson County, Alabama commissioners will be asked in a special meeting to extend forbearance agreements on the ailing sewer system debt delaying payments until February 20 2009. Governor Bob Riley has been the facilitator of restructuring negotiations and a plan on...
- Special Session Called for Alabama Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32170, p4
Reports that Alabama governor Bob Riley called a special session of the Legislature beginning July 19, 2005 to pass the state's general fund budget.
- Legislature OK's Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p33
Reports on the approval of Governor Bob Riley to the education budget bill and the general fund budget bill in Alabama.
- Some Refundings, Very Little New Debt Seen for Alabama in '06. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p35
Reports that the Alabama Legislature has passed the general fund budget for 2006. Pay increase for state employees proposed by governor Bob Riley; Funding of non-education functions of the government; Debt service repayments.