House Chairman Young Wants to Keep Gas-Tax Hike on Table
- WASHINGTON OBSERVER. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/24/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 11, p9
Presents news items related to construction industry as of March 24, 2003. Proposal of a package of energy tax by the chairmen and Democrats on the energy and finance committees; Plan of House Transportation and Infrastructure Chairman Don Young for increasing Highway Trust Fund revenue; Delay...
- Leader of the pack. Bergman, B.J. // Sierra;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p50
Criticizes the anti-environmental policies espoused by Don Young, Republican representative from Alaska. Young as head of the US House Resources Committee; Lawmaker's behavioral lapses; Young's despise for environmentalism. INSET: Alaska's terrible trio..
- Rum excise taxes could face phaseout. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;4/13/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p4
Reports on US House Resources Committee Chairman Don Young's recommendation to phaseout excise taxes on rum produced in Puerto Rico. Fiscal assistance to the territories; Elimination of government subsidies; Impact on Puerto Rico on a revenue reduction.
- Rep. Don Young. // Outdoor Life;Sep94, Vol. 194 Issue 3, p8
Presents an interview with House Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus co-chairman Don Young. Personal rule in hunting; Impression of animal rights groups; Outlook for legislation concerning hunting; Gun control.
- Major provisions of H.R. 856. // Congressional Digest;May98, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p140
Focuses on the provisions of the United States-Puerto Rico Political Status Act, which was introduced on February 27, 1997 by representative Don Young. What the act entails; Objectives of introducing the legislation; Requirements of the legislation; Details on some of the changes to be made for...
- Dear pals: Tell me about your friends. // National Journal;8/15/98, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p1899
Criticizes the leadership of House Resources Committee Chairman Don Young in New Mexico. Allegations on his involvement in McCarthyism; Charges countered by the committee to Forest Service workers.
- Young move excludes Alaska from environmental program. Crabtree, Susan // Hill;7/2/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 77, p4
The article reports on the move of Alaska Representative Don Young to exclude the state from a federal program designed to preserve coastal land.
- Young signs pledge to abolish IRS Code. // Alaska Business Monthly;Feb98, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p7
Reports that Representative Don Young has joined a national campaign to abolish the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Code and replace it with a simpler system designed to reward savings. Scheduled date for the opening day of the National Federation of Independent (NFIB)-sponsored Congressional...
- THE GLARE IN DON YOUNG'S REARVIEW MIRROR. Murray, Mark // National Journal;3/9/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p700
Profiles U.S. House Representative Don Young (R-Alaska). Family life and education background; Support given to the federal highway funds and construction bill; Work experience as a legislator; Federal programs given to transportation advocates.