- High five. // Cabinet Maker;7/4/2003, Issue 5345, p27
Highlights the championship game of the 2003 Hitachi Capital/Cabinet Maker football tournament that was played between teams from furniture companies Saxon Leather and Hitachi Capital.
- Of politics, Panthers and changing business. Combs, Heath E. // Furniture/Today;12/3/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 15, p21
The author reflects on the need of changes and innovations in the furniture industry and compares it with football game and politics.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;7/11/2008, Issue 5596, p7
The article offers news briefs related to furniture industry and trade in Great Britain. The House Couturier has launched a new electronic-commerce site to sell its designer wallpaper to customers. The Furnishing Trades Benevolent Association will be playing its 68th National Golf Championship...
- Bassett to kick off John Elway line. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;3/1/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p2
Relates the plans of Bassett Furniture Inds. to sign a license agreement with former football player John Elway to develop a line of entertainment furniture. Entertainment centers planned for the Elway Home Collection.
- talk. // Cabinet Maker;6/16/2006, Issue 5492, p9
The article presents the answers of furniture retailers in Great Britain, about how they attract customers during the World Cup season. The event gave the opportunity to incorporate something in the advertisements. Some people who don't like football just spent the day quietly at their shops and...
- A victory for sales? // Cabinet Maker;11/28/2003, Issue 5366, p8
Reports on the winning of England from the Rugby World Cup competition. Impact of the competition on the furniture retailers; Increase of business competition; Escalation of sales revenue at Marks and Spencer PLC.
- Top score for bedroom range. // Cabinet Maker;4/23/2004, Issue 5385, p4
Reports on the license for Hammonds Furniture to use England football team branding on the Chillzone children's bedroom furniture in England. Investment on the popularity of the sports; Range of home furniture.
- Dare to make the smart bet. Allegrezza, Ray // Casual Living;May2010, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p52
The article discusses how Randy Gonigam, owner of World Furniture Mall in Plano, Illinois, gained publicity and free advertising from the bet he made involving the Chicago Bears football team. Gonigam has dared that he would cover customers' furniture purchases at his store up to 10,000 U.S....
- Talk. // Cabinet Maker;10/26/2007, Issue 5561, p8
The article focuses on the views of readers on the effect of Rugby World Cup on furniture businesses in Great Britain. Jamie Hudson, sales administrator of Jenkins, noted that it was a quite busy weekend, but people tend to get quieter especially that Christmas is fast approaching. Brian Herron,...