Stevenson takes on Leicester
- Locomotives FOR HIRE OR RENT. Dunn, Pip // Railways Illustrated;Jun2012, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p28
The article presents information related to entrepreneur Ed Stevenson who spot hires locomotives. It is noted that six Class 56s railroad train are owned by Ed currently with his new business partner Mark Winter of Zweig Ltd. Ed's immediate plans for the locos are explained. It is mentioned that...
- Two preserved 56s could go main line. // Railways Illustrated;Feb2010, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p32
The article reports on the potential of the preserved locomotives 56134 and 56101, which have been included in the tender list of DB Schenker, to be back on the main line according to partner Ed Stevenson.
- Mid Hants Class 27 finally secure. // Railways Illustrated;Oct2014, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p10
The article reports that the sale of Class 27 D5353 (27007) locomotive to diesel preservationist Ed Stevenson has been completed.
- UK Rail Leasing 56 fleet grows. // Railways Illustrated;Dec2013, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p18
The article reports on the statement made by spot hire locomotive owner Ed Stevenson, owner of UK Rail Leasing, concerning the progress in securing contracts on both recommissioning Leicester depot and reviving locos.
- Nemesis and Stevenson for Burton move. // Railways Illustrated;Jun2011, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p15
The article reports on the plan of engineering firm Nemesis Rail and its partner, Ed Stevenson, to move some of their locomotives at Burton-on-Trent in England in 2011.
- Structural dynamics. Metz, T. // Architectural Record;Oct1990, Vol. 178 Issue 11, p54
Examines the new Stadelhofen Railroad Station in Zurich, Switzerland. Architect Santiago Calatrava; Features and design; Construction; Style of complex; Use of concrete and steel.
- City on track with plan to buy depot. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;02/16/98, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the near acquisition of the historic Southern Pacific Railroad Depot by the city of Tucson, Arizona. City Council's approval of a bid to Union Pacific Corp. to buy the depot; Importance of the restoration and redevelopment of the depot to the city's activities. INSET: Projects...
- Seaboard Air Line's Venice, Fla. station. Russell, Harold W. // Model Railroader;Aug97, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p76
Opinion. Offers information on the Venice station and railroad in Florida. Description of the station and railroad; Contributions made by the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers; Background information on Venice.
- Cincinnati's big white elephant has changed its spots. Fleischman, J.; Baer, G. // Smithsonian;Jun92, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p102
Explains how Cincinnati's Union Terminal, the 1933 Art Deco extravaganza that started life as a train station, has metamorphosed into the Midwest's newest cultural attraction. Details of exhibits at the new facility, which is called the Museum Center; Scenes on the `time trail'; The center's...