Don't be squashed by the Act
- Informing our students of the ADA. Alexander, Paul // Community Review;Fall91/Spring92, Vol. 12, p43
Presents an overview of the Americans With Disabilities Act for teachers of business. Opportunity for teaching students social awareness and social responsibility; ADA's relevance within the business community and society.
- Disability-friendly practices makes sense. Yeager // San Diego Business Journal;03/08/99, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p39
Focuses on the need for business enterprises to integrate practices that accommodate the disabled. Trend among companies of marketing products that cater to the disabled; Accessibility of facilities and services as required by the 1990 Americans With Disabilities Act.
- Americans With Disabilities Act applies to small employers. Speth II, Charles T. // South Carolina Business Journal;Jul94, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p2
Discusses provisions of the American With Disabilities Act which apply to small businesses. Definition of the phrase `qualify individual with disability'; Effect of failure to make reasonable accommodations to disabled employees; Prohibition against medical inquiry whether a job applicant has a...
- ADA threatens to cripple American businesses. Beyer. Jr., Brooke A. // Human Events;5/20/94, Vol. 50 Issue 19, p12
Reports on the effect of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 on businesses in the United States. American businesses' record of compliance and cooperation with the disabled community; Creation of era of civil rights that manipulates the ADA to advance dubious causes; Categories in...
- New ADA regulations confuse small-business owners. Faris, Jack // Human Events;07/11/97, Vol. 53 Issue 26, p19
Reports that small business owners are in a dilemma over the guidelines intended to ensure that mental illness is included as a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act. Provisions released by the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission; Difficulty of complying due to vagueness and...
- Apathy over ADA compliance? Pope, Karen // Crain's Detroit Business;9/6/93, Vol. 9 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the results of `Crain's Detroit Business' journal's survey on businesses' compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Percentage of respondents complying with ADA; Availability of step-by-step tools from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and business...
- Companies take ADA compliance in stride. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;2/24/97, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on the impact of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) on companies in Orange County, California. What is require under ADA; Names of affected businesses; Arguments against ADA; Information on renovations at companies due to ADA. INSETS: Crying all the way to the bank.;ADA spawns...
- Auditing ADA compliance. WILLIAM R. TRACEY // HR Magazine;Oct94, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p8
Informs on how to create an Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) auditing action plan for an organization. Internal audit; Audit team; Four action steps. INSETS: Audit questions to answer.;Components of auditing..
- Time to comply. // American Nurseryman;7/1/94, Vol. 180 Issue 1, p19
Reports on the need for companies with 15 or more employees in the United States to comply with the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990. Other labor requirements that may apply to business.