- M&5 homewares up. // Cabinet Maker;1/12/2007, Issue 5520, p4
The article reports on the sales performance of Marks & Spencer homewares in United Kingdom. The company's sales has been increased to 9.2 percent within three months, from October to December 30. In July to September 30, there was a 17.7 rise in homewares sale and 23.3 percent in the first...
- Stock control key to merry Christmas. // Logistics Manager;Feb2009, p6
This section offers news briefs on retail trade during the 2008 Christmas season. Tight stock control helped Debenhams boost pre-tax profit in the 18 weeks to January 3, 2009 despite a decline in like-for-like sales of 3.5 percent. Marks & Spencer went into its post Christmas sale with 15...
- An air of general optimism for retailers. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;1/23/2004, Issue 5372, p8
Focuses on the financial performance of furniture industry in Great Britain. Corporate profit of companies; Optimism of furniture retailers; Decline of Marks & Spencer PLC sales.
- What goes down, moves up. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;1/13/2006, Issue 5471, p10
The article focuses on the success of furniture retailer Marks & Spencer PLC in Great Britain. In 2005, the retailer reported a 4 percent increase in its sales. Its share price reached 500 points. Its strategy includes the stretching of their price points. However, the company admitted that it...
- Marks & Spencer sees furniture sales jump 26%. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2000, Issue 5213, p1
Reports on a 26% increase in furniture sales at Marks & Spencer on a like for like basis in the six months ended November 2000.
- Double figure gains in furniture sector. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;01/19/2001, Issue 5221, p6
Reports on the gains posted by the furniture industry in Great Britain. Gains by Marks & Spencer PLC on a buying spree by investment fund in the United States; Oversupply in shares prior to a trading update.
- Furniture defies M&S sales trend. // Cabinet Maker;01/21/2000, Issue 5171, p5
Reports on an increase in furniture and furnishings sales at Marks & Spencer over the 1999 Christmas period.
- M&S turns up the volume. // Cabinet Maker;11/8/2002, Issue 5312, p2
Reports on an increase in the sale of homewares by Marks and Spencer in the six months ended September 26, 2002.
- Marks & Spencer Still Under Stress. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/24/2001, Vol. 181 Issue 16, p13
Reports on the performance of British apparel company Marks & Spencer PLC in the eight weeks ended January 20, 2001. Decline in sales of the company's clothing, footwear, and gifts divisions; Apparel sales during Christmas 2000; Analysts' assessment of the company's performance.