Skan-Thor snaps up Noble House
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p5
The article offers news briefs related to the furniture industry in Great Britain. Ikea Furniture Co. is expected to launch a new quarterly magazine in September 2005. A networking meeting is being organized by the Association of Master Upholsterers and Soft Furnishers in Southampton, England....
- Untitled. // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p6
Reports that upholstery manufacturer Scan-Thor is building on the success of its Noble House brand with a model range for the independent sector. Adriana Collection.
- Pioneer of sourcing in Poland. Melim, Richard De // Cabinet Maker;12/21/2007, Issue 5569, p18
The article features Scan-Thor, a furniture company which uses three freelance designers in Great Britain. The author offers information about the company history, operations, and involvement of Scan-Thor in the furniture industry. Information about the firm's new Domosofa collection and...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;3/3/2006, Issue 5477, p5
The article presents furniture industry news items in Great Britain for the week of March 3, 2006. B&Q will expand its service squad customer help scheme. House prices have increased by 0.4 percent in February 2006. Stag Furniture has announced 180 redundancies. Upholstery firm Scan-Thor is...
- Upholstery shake-up. // Cabinet Maker;8/2/2002, Issue 5298, p4
Reports on the resignation of executives at the furniture industry in Great Britain as of August 2002. Jim Barnes of Charnwood; Beverley Jones of Chairworks.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p5
Reports on developments regarding the furniture industry in Great Britain. Summer sale of furniture and DIY chain GlynWebb; Debenhams' appointment of Scan-Thor as its exclusive upholstery supplier; Damage to stocks of Harrogate bed retailer To Catch A Dream because of a fire at the restaurant...
- Barnes makes a Noble return. // Cabinet Maker;11/15/2002, Issue 5313, p4
Reports that former sales director, Jim Barnes has established the furniture firm, Noble House Designs. Target market for the firm.
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;9/26/2003, Issue 5357, p31
Reports developments in the furniture industry in Great Britain as of September 2003. Sale of the pants of John Bolingbroke by Jim Barnes; Mattress installed at the boat of John Williams and Mick Burke.
- Comfortable pairing. // Cabinet Maker;6/1/2007, Issue 5540, p3
The article announces the partnership between DomoSofa and Noble House Collections in a move aimed at supporting a significant growth in the business with independent retailers in Great Britain. The union of the two businesses was announced by parent company Scan-ThorGroup. Jim Barnes, sales...