La Meteora expands east
- The art of export. // Cabinet Maker;8/22/2003, Issue 5352, p18
Features the sofa manufacturer La Meteora in Great Britain. Expansion of the company; Total number of employees; Achievements of the company.
- Spicing up the market. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;1/31/2003, Issue 5322, p12
Features several occasional furniture. Design of the coffee table from Furnitora; Range of products offered by La Meteora; Description of the occasional tables from DC Interiors.
- Time and motion. // Cabinet Maker;12/1/2006, Issue 5516, p35
The article evaluates several products to be exhibited by Italian companies including the Bellini sofa design from La Meteora, the Italsofa model 1240 from Natuzzi Co., and the Betty recliner sofa from Dolce Vita.
- Forecasts will always be wrong. Mariotti, John // Industry Week/IW;1/22/96, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p18
Discusses how production planners can cope with inaccurate forecasts. Need to consider the links in the supply chain that can be forecast with precision; Forecast results for demographic trends; Flexibility of inventory and production strategies; Discussion with suppliers about production...
- ...Perspectives on time-to-market. Kmetovicz, Ron // Electronic Design;5/16/94, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p97
Discusses options to output a new product within a year. Work quantity; Staff restrictions; Team commitment; Production configurations; Conditions.
- Plan to increase your productivity: Set goals, develop objectives, take action. Temme, Jim // Plant Engineering;9/23/93, Vol. 47 Issue 15, p84
Gives advice on effective planning for increasing industrial productivity. Setting of priorities; Interface planning; Strategic planning; Action planning.
- MES spells production success. // Prepared Foods;Apr96, Vol. 165 Issue 4, p74
States that the manufacturing execution systems (MES) software programs, helps companies to remain competitive so that they can continue making money in the food business. How MES carried out this function; Different interpretation of MES; Eleven function that MES software can address and solve...
- Searching for productivity across borders. Gibson, Stuart // NZ Business;Oct97, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p53
Reports on various efforts in business to increase productivity. Importance of examining cost structures of the company; What negotiating in business involves; Models for capturing productivity gains.
- Production capability in international operations: The impact of planning and information support. Stanley, Linda; Fawcett, Stanley E. // Journal of Managerial Issues;Winter96, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p440
Studies the management strategies of senior-level managers in charge of their respective business unit's international relations involving Mexican production sharing operations. Discussion on production capability; Relationship between strategic planning and information capability; Application...