Gender differences in the association of adult hopelessness with adverse childhood experiences
- Of Rainbows and Tears: Exploring Hope and Despair in Trauma Therapy. Jenmorri, Katrina // Child & Youth Care Forum;Feb2006, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p41
Existential themes of hope and despair are central in the care of child and youth survivors of abuse trauma. Researchers have argued that acts of abuse can disrupt a personï¿½s hope while shaking beliefs about purpose and meaning. Practitioners are called to implicitly offer their own hopeful...
- Baseline assessment of children traumatized by the Armenian earthquake. Azarian, Anait; Miller, Thomas W. // Child Psychiatry & Human Development;Fall96, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p29
Presents a longitudinal study on the impact of the Armenian earthquake on children screened by the Children's Psychotherapy Center in Kirovakan, Armenia. Memory functioning of traumatized children; Diagnostic indicators and trauma processing in child survivors.
- Understanding childhood trauma. Levine, Peter // Mothering;Summer94, Issue 71, p48
Discusses childhood trauma. Causes; How to determine if a child has been traumatized; Resolving a traumatic reaction.
- Alcoholic women report traumatic childhoods. // Addiction Letter;May96, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p3
Cites alcoholic women as having more traumatic childhood memories as compared with their non-alcoholic peers. Data from the study `Childhood Experiences of Alcoholic African-American and Caucasian women,' by Philip J. Michels, Peter Johnson et al,' published in `Substance Abuse.'
- Growing Past Childhood Trauma. Brown, Waln K. // Reclaiming Children & Youth;Winter2011, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p13
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences of overcoming his childhood trauma.
- 21st Century's Jihadi Crimes : The Beslan Children Survivors. Wheeler, Carolynne // Philosophy & Social Action;Jul-Dec2004, Vol. 30 Issue 3/4, p60
Reports on the trauma experienced by children survivors of a hostage at a school in Beslan, Russia. Number of students and teachers present during the hostage; Estimated time it will take for traumatized children to recover; Aid offered by the Russian presidential administration and top...
- Healing past trauma. Levine, Peter // Mothering;Summer94, Issue 71, p53
Presents steps for parents in healing their children's emotional trauma.
- Assessment of secondary traumatization with an emotional Stroop task. Motta, Robert W.; Suozzi, John M. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Jun94, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p1274
Examines secondary traumatization in children of veterans with an emotional Stroop task. Comparison of mean color-naming time of nine adult children of veterans with that of 35 children of nonveterans.
- Juvenile Emotional Experience Alters Synaptic Inputs on Pyramidal Neurons in the Anterior Cingulate Cortex. Helmeke, Carina // Cerebral Cortex;Aug2001, Vol. 11 Issue 8
Reveals that juvenile emotional experience alters synaptic inputs on pyramidal neurons in the anterior cingulate cortex. Experience-induced modulation of limbic cortex development; Psychosocial and cognitive capacities during later life; Conducting of combined light and electron microscopic...