Chicago Board of Ed to Sell $270M, With a Swap in the Mix
- CPS Green-Lights Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/31/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33575, p9
The article reports on the approval of 5.9 billion dollars budget by the Chicago Board of Education for the Chicago Public Schools (CPS) in Illinois.
- Another Black Mark For Chicago Schools Credit. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;11/23/2015, p1
The credit picture for the already junk-rated Chicago Public Schools has become even bleaker as Standard & Poor's placed the district on CreditWatch with negative implications.
- Chicago Board of Education Offers to Tender Bonds at Premium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31812, p3
Reports on the tender offer to investors who own the School Finance Authority's bonds by the Chicago Board of Education in Illinois. Payment of accruid interest; Relinquishment of the optional redemption rights on the tendered bonds; Reduction of the property tax to reflect the debt savings.
- Munis Strengthen Ahead of $5.4B New Issue Calendar. Barnett, Chip; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/1/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34452, p1
Municipal bonds finished stronger on Friday, traders said, ahead of the upcoming week's healthy new issue slate. Volume is estimated by Ipreo to come in at $5.37 billion, up from the $4.26 billion sold during the past week, according to revised data from Thomson Reuters. The past week saw a...
- Tentative Agreement Reached in Chicago. // Education Week;9/1/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 42, p3
The article reports that the Chicago Teachers Union and the Chicago, Illinois Board of Education has arrived into a tentative agreement for the assistance in balancing the school district's budget, raising hopes that schools in the 500, 000-student district will be open as scheduled on September...
- Chicago BOE Deal Headlines Wednesday's Action. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;2/4/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34455, p1
Market participants will be awaiting larger deals from issuers in Hawaii and Texas on Wednesday as well as a possibility the market could finally see the $875 million of general obligation bonds from Chicago Board of Education.
- Munis Strengthen; Hawaii Prices, Market Waits for Chicago BOE Deal. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;2/4/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34455, p1
The Chicago Board of Education deal remains in the spotlight, with pricing expected shortly.
- Chicago Public Schools Gets Sale Done at Big Penalty. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/4/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34455, p1
Battered by negative headlines about its solvency, labor troubles, and a state takeover threat, the Chicago Board of Education returned to the market Wednesday after a one-week delay to price a scaled-down deal that offered a hefty high yield of 8.50%.
- Chicago Schools Get Kroll Downgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;8/27/2015, p1
The Chicago Board of Education credit suffered its latest blow Thursday when Kroll Bond Rating Agency dropped its rating two levels to BBB-minus, allowing the district to retain its sole investment grade level rating.