Critics Question Web Site's 'Worst Spread' Conclusions
- MSRB Proposes Revisions to G-14's Muni Trade Reporting Provisions. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/24/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32366, p5
The article reports on the proposed revisions of the municipal securities trade reporting of sales and purchases rules in Rule G-14 by the U.S. Municipal Rulemaking Board. The revision will require the dealers to key out between conditional trade commitments and trades after granted bonds. The...
- MSRB Links to Web Sites Showing PAC Contributions. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/16/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31366, p4
Reports on the connection of Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Web site to three Federal Election Commission and Internal Revenue Service Web sites in Washington. Information on political contributions of banks and brokers; Disclosure of PAC contributions; Changes in Rule G-37.
- MSRB: Be Aware Of BABs. HUME, LYNN // Bond Buyer;6/13/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33928, p1
The article informs that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) is asking to bond investors and dealers for reviewing the redemption provisions of Build America Bonds (BABs) and direct-pay bonds to determine the impact of redemption on the bonds' market value.
- MSRB notice on POS's opens the floodgates for Internet posting. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;03/17/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30600, p34
Reports on United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's notice on electronic filing of preliminary official statements of bond broker-dealers and issuers. Transmission of certain information to customer electronically.
- MSRB: Expand Pricing Data. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/07/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30720, p1
Reports on the proposal of the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to provide market participants with expanded daily pricing and other information on municipal securities transactions. Total par value traded and high, low, and average price for the day.
- Rule G-38: A potential minefield for muni professionals. Cummins, John // Bond Buyer;
Reports on Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-38, regulating the use of consultants in obtaining or retaining municipal securities business in the United States. Discussion on four parts of Rule G-38; Potential trap for any dealer.
- TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;8/8/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33561, p4
The article lists top online stories related to the bonds market in the U.S. which include the warning of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to financial advisers which states that engaging in bank loans may qualify as private placement activities and another on Central Fall's bankruptcy.
- MSRB's real-time reporting demo is a revelation. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30739, p27
Reports on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's real-time bond price reporting demonstration in the United States. Frequency of trading; Information on the demonstration on the board's Web site; Exemptions to tight-spread pricing.
- MSRB Warns Underwriters On Bondholder Consents. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/8/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33660, p1
The article reports on the move of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) in drafting an interpretive notice warning underwriting of bonds that may violate fair-dealing rule if the agreement of elimination of reserve fund will take place in Washington.