Bush: Florida Needs $2.4B For Schools
- Texas Voters Face $4.8 billion of Bond Proposals. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/8/2015, p29
The article reports that Texas voters are set to decide on whether to approve bond proposals from counties, cities and special districts valued at 4.8 billion dollars. Topics discussed include road bonds proposed by the suburbs of Frisco and Montgomery County in Dallas and Houston, respectively,...
- Reducing Classroom Noise. // Science Teacher;Feb2002, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the benefits of design and construction of classroom to minimize classroom noise in the U.S. schools. Recommendations of the University of Florida architects on design of classrooms; Impact of classroom noise on student performance; Information on background noise levels in classrooms.
- Classroom construction stops at Georgia school when contractor goes out of business. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;5/15/2012, p3
The article reports that a bonding surety company is looking for a new contractor to finish the 3.7 million U.S. dollars construction of 19 classrooms at Northside High School in Columbus, Georgia after the project was stopped because the contractor D. Dean & Associates has gone out of business.
- If you build it, they will come. Daviss, Bennet // Country Journal;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p22
Chronicles the efforts of the Fall Mountain Regional School District in Langdon, New Hampshire to build classrooms to ease overcrowding among students and teachers. Failure of the proposed bond issued by the school board in February 1993; Mixed views about the issue; Barn raising as an...
- Factor Furnishings Into Tech Decisions. Troup, Wilson // Community College Week;Fall2001 Supplement on Technology, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p22
Discusses the construction and remodeling of classrooms in community colleges. Reason for constructing and remodeling the classrooms; Design of the classroom to accommodate the technological needs of the students; Factors that determine the ability of classroom furniture to survive several...
- Historical rehabilitation. // American School & University;Mar2010, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p12
The article offers information on the sustainable design of a classroom rehabilitation at the University of Toledo's Memorial Meld House, Toledo, Ohio.
- Opportunity for $25,000 Classroom Makeover. // Learning Matters;8/23/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p3
The article announces the contest of Macy's Inc. which provides opportunity for a classroom upgrade amounting to 25,000 U.S. dollars in Minnesota.
- Jolt. // New Yorker;8/12/91, Vol. 67 Issue 25, p22
Explains how an asymmetrical shift in New York City public school floor plans happened. Impact of various factors in this change, including the Wicks Law, a fiscal crisis in the 1990s and others; Rise in student enrollment; Comments from architect Peter Samton and others on this change.
- Construction Zone: High-Tech Learning. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;1/1/2012, p1
The article presents a photograph and description of the science/technology/engineering/mathematics (STEM) labs at Niles North and West High Schools in Skokie, Illinois which were designed by Legat Architects Inc.