Multifamily, QZAB Fallout
- THE PATH OF FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IMPROVEMENT: THE CASE OF UKRAINE, 1991-1998. Kravchuk, Robert S. // Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management;Winter2001, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p537
Stresses that the Ukrainian experience of improving the state's financial capabilities is a way to achieve sustained economic stability. Status of Ukraine's financial management system from 1991 to 1998; Importance of effective tax administration to the financial management reform; Problems in...
- THE TAX REFORM ACT OF 1984 AND MARKET DISCOUNT BONDS. Riley Jr., William B.; Montgomery Jr., Austin H. // National Tax Journal;Mar86, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p79
This article talks about the U.S. Tax Reform Act of 1984 and its effects on the taxation of market discount bonds. The new method of taxing the gain on these bonds lowers the after-tax yield for a bond of a given maturity and coupon rate. Issuers of post-change bonds may face a market requiring...
- Reform Looms in Florida. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/17/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32631, p1
The article reports that bondholders and investors in Florida are being warned that the state's legislature has been discussing statewide tax relief reforms that might possibly impact all kinds of revenues. The assumption was formulated after considering that the lawmakers gear up for a special...
- INTRODUCTION. Poterba, James M. // National Tax Journal;Dec91 Part 1, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p1
This article discusses the importance of tax-exempt debt as a crucial source of financing for capital projects undertaken by state and local governments in the U.S. The market for the tax-exempt debt has changed significantly in recent years. Federal income tax reforms have materially affected...
- Northern Ireland Tax notes. // Accountancy Ireland;Aug1999, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p44
Presents updates on taxation in Northern Ireland as of August 1999. Includes an amendment to the reverse premium provisions of the finance bill by the Inland Revenue; Retail price indexes that will be used for computing capital gains of companies; Value-added tax on construction services.
- Headlines. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov98, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p50
Looks at the released media statements of IRD on the following issues of interest to tax agents and practitioners. Late filing penalties; Business debt; Appeal Court's decision on the case concerning tax avoidance arrangements by Auckland-based tax consultants J.G. Russell.
- Government plans to attack tax scofflaws. Szwajka, Jakub // Warsaw Business Journal;5/20/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p5
Reports on the discussion of the government tax reform project by the parliamentary body Sejm in Poland. Design of the legislation; Features of the legislation; Advantages of the project.
- Electronic federal tax payment system (EFTPS) update. Berger, Stewart; Morris, Edwin B. // CPA Journal;Nov96, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p71
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service imposed electronic Federal tax payments of employment taxes for the calendar year 1995. Penalties for failure to comply with the requirement; Methods of paying the taxes electronically; Use of ACH Debit and ACH Credit methods.
- EFTPS now operational. // National Public Accountant;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p58
Reports on the implementation of the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) requiring small businesses to file taxes electronically by July 1, 1997. US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) information campaign for EFTPS; Penalty for businesses that do not comply with EFTPS.