Jeb Bush: Florida's High-Speed Rail Needs Private, Not Public, Funding
- Millennium train. Goldberger, Andrew // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;12/13/99, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p3
Informs on Amtrak's Acela, the first high-speed train in the United States.
- Study presents goals, alternatives for rail plan. Watt, Katherine // Inside Tucson Business;08/03/98, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p21
Discusses the goals of the Arizona High Speed Rail Feasibility Study. Funding sources; Alternatives for the rail plan; Projections.
- East Coast hires an extra HST. // Rail Business Intelligence;4/21/2011, Issue 388, p9
The article reports on an agreement by East Midlands Trains to release a high speed train (HST) set to East Coast in order to provide enough resilience for the operation of its increased timetable from May 2, 2011.
- VIEWPOINT. Haikalis, George // Planning;Nov2000, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p50
Discusses factors that contribute to the development of a national freight and passenger rail plan in the United States. Significance of high-speed rail passenger service in central cities; Proposals for building high-speed links between major cities; Role of the federal government in the plan;...
- It's Talgo time in Milwaukee. // Railway Age;Mar2010, Vol. 211 Issue 3, p11
The article reports on the construction of a U.S. high speed trainset manufacturing facility by Talgo Inc. in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- High speed trains, now and later: We have options. Lewis, Robert G. // Railway Age;May93, Vol. 194 Issue 5, p96
Evaluates the feasibility of magnetic levitation (maglev) rail systems. Implementation problems in Germany and Japan; Viability in the United States; Alternative systems; High speed rail; France's Train a Grande Vitesse (TGV); Germany's InterCityExpress (ICE); Advantages.
- Tenders under preparation for Metro 4 mega-project. Zegnal, Judit // Budapest Business Journal;5/5/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p5
Reports on DBR Metro Project Directorate's call for tender applications for a metroline project in Budapest, Hungary. Estimated budget for the project; Uncertainties concerning the project's financing; Dispute between the Budapest Municipality and the Finance Ministry over the project's funding.
- Taiwan bullet for Europe. // International Construction;Jan1998, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p7
Reports that Taiwan High Speed Rail Consortium has been awarded the contract to build the country's bullet train contract. Names of the European companies who lead the consortium.
- Fast as a bullet. Henricks, Mark // Boys' Life;Nov93, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p28
Gives information on the supertrains that travel at superspeeds--and are getting faster. The first supertrains (`bullet trains') in Japan 25 years ago; The world's fastest train; Speed attained on the fastest train trip; The fastest train in the United States, the Metroliner Express; Its...