California Treasurer Slams Bush Plan as Too Costly for the Nation
- TAXES AND FIRMS' DIVIDEND POLICIES: SURVEY RESULTS. Abrutyn, Stephanie; Turner, Robert W. // National Tax Journal;Dec90, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p491
Discusses the results of a survey on dividend taxation. Percentage distribution of payout ratios; Shareholders' preference for dividends; Availability of worthwhile investment projects.
- An empirical examination of the effect of dividend taxation on asset pricing and returns in Germany. Murphy, A.; Schlag, C. // Global Finance Journal;Spring/Summer99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p35
This research finds evidence that required pretax returns on German stocks are unchanged as a result of the enactment of a law in Germany providing shareholders with tax credits for dividends received. In the most recent time interval, higher risk-adjusted pretax returns are discovered on...
- Using Ex-Day Returns to Separate the Tax and Information Effects of Dividend Changes. Siddiqi, Mazhar A. // Journal of Economics & Finance;Summer97, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p83
Uses ex-day returns to separate the tax and information effects of dividend changes. Nature of dividend signaling; Achievement of positive abnormal announcement day returns through dividend increases.
- Taxes and dividend policy. Wu, Chunchi // International Review of Economics & Finance;1996, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p291
Examines the effect of differential personal taxation on corporate dividend policy. How the effect of taxes on corporate dividends can be minimized; Information on the measurement of the extent of the tax effect on dividend policy; Position of authors M.H. Miller and F. Modigliani on dividend...
- Economists divided over plan to eliminate dividend taxes. Webster, Richard A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/28/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p30
Focuses on the plan to eliminate dividend taxes in Louisiana. Double taxation in the system.
- Diverting theme. Harrison, David // Director (00123242);Apr96, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p39
Discusses how to avoid tax on dividends in Great Britain. Diversion of income to nil or low taxpayers within the family; Changes to the tax law relating to settlements.
- Deductible RIC dividends. // Practical Accountant;Nov96, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p22
Describes the conditions of the IRS Rev. Proc. 96-47, under Section 562 regarding the deductibility as dividends of distributions made to stockholders.
- Tories and LibDems fight to save Isa tax credit. Boles, Corey // Money Marketing;4/10/2003, p1
Reports on the decision of Chancellor Gordon Brown to push through the abolition of the 10 percent individual savings account dividend tax credit in Great Britain. Reactions of fund companies and trade bodies to the decision; Interpretation of Brown's decision.
- New state law changes l&D rules for some trusts. MULLIKIN, ANN // New Hampshire Business Review;9/20/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 20, p30
A summary is presented of the Senate Bill 326 to amend the interest and dividend tax, prepared by lawmakers from New Hampshire as of October 3, 2013.