Penguin's Godoff Hire: Prestige Now, Profits Later
- HASTY REWRITE AT BOOK GIANT. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;2/28/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 40, p1
Announces the appointment of Daniel Menaker as editor-in-chief of Random House, the flagship imprint of publisher Random House Inc. Speculations regarding the fate of Random after editor-in-chief Ann Godoff was fired; Combination of Little Random with Ballantine Books; Effort of Godoff, who was...
- Ann Godoff named an executive editor at Random House. Reuter, M.; Reid, C. // Publishers Weekly;6/21/1991, Vol. 238 Issue 27, p15
Reports that Ann Godoff, formerly vice-president and editor-in-chief of Atlantic Monthly Press, has been named executive editor of Random House adult trade books. Comments from Harold Evans, president and publisher of Random House; More.
- THE INDUSTRY AWARD ANN GODOFF, PENGUIN PRESS. Kachka, Boris // New York;12/19/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 45, p63
The article reports on the performance of the Penguin Press company. Ann Godoff, a veteran editor has parlayed her impressive list of authors into the new largely nonfiction imprint at Penguin. Godoff had five books that became best sellers in 2004 in the company. Godoff stated that the imprint...
- A Conversation with ... Ann Godoff. Frumkes, Lewis Burke // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Sep99, Vol. 112 Issue 9, p24
Presents an interview with Ann Godoff, editor-in-chief of Random House, about the so-called death of the mid-list. Definition of a mid-list and myths associated with its printing; Details on the pairing of an author and an editor; How to get an agent.
- Looking behind Ann Godoff's bestselling spring leap. Oder, Norman; Feldman, Gayle // Publishers Weekly;7/4/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 27, p23
Profiles Ann Godoff, Random House editor of Caleb Carr, John Berendt & Nathan McCall. Books written; Educational and career background.
- Godoff is Random's new editorial director. // Publishers Weekly;1/16/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 3, p308
Announces the appointment of Ann Godoff as the editorial director of Random House Trade Group. Previous employment.
- Scores of Random Authors Headed to Penguin. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;4/7/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 14, p10
Reports on the 'Penguin Press,' a list of authors which will be published by Ann Godoff. Features of the list; Authors omitted from the list; Comments from Random editor Dan Menaker on the authors who transferred to Penguin.
- Pub houses wage turf war. Amdur, Meredith; Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;1/28/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 19, p1
Reports that ousted Random House Trade Group publisher Ann Godoff will be joining the Penquin Group (USA) as president and publisher. Reason for the termination of Godoff in Random House; Bestselling writers published by Godoff at Random; Plan of Godoff for Penguin.
- GODOFF WINGS IT TO PENGUIN. // Variety;2/3/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the appointment of Ann Godoff by Penguin Group as president and publisher of an imprint that will focus on nonfiction titles.