NYC Will Count on Math Programs From McGraw-Hill and Pearson
- School subjects in the screen culture. Erixon, Per-Olof // Education Inquiry (Co-Action Publishing);2014, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p167
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including digital technology in education, teaching materials, educational change.
- Take Note. Johnson, Robert; Zehr, Mary Ann // Education Week;10/13/99, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p3
Presents ideas on school and educational innovations in the United States. Efforts by students at Keystone Oaks High School in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on toilet clean-up; Amplification of teachers' voices through microphone use.
- ANÃLISIS DE LOS MATERIALES INSTRUCCIONALES DE CIENCIAS NATURALES. // Revista Mexicana de InvestigaciÃ³n Educativa;ene-mar2004, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p199
No abstract available.
- USE OF COMPUTERS BY SECONDARY TEACHERS: A REPORT FROM A UNIVERSITY SERVICE AREA. Wilson, Janell; Notar, Charles // Education;Summer2003, Vol. 123 Issue 4, p695
Continued advancements in technology have fundamentally changed the way we work and live. Today's educators have unlimited opportunities to more broadly apply our powerful technological tools and change the way students of all ages are learning. Yet, there continues to remain a consensus among...
- REVIEW OF THE LITERATURE ON INFORMATION SKILLS INSTRUCTION. Hara, Katsuko // Education;Spring2006, Vol. 126 Issue 3, p518
In information skills instruction, changing from lecture-based to resource-based instruction requires not only recognition of its value but also a strong will to implement new methods (Loertscher, 1988). Based on this review of the literature, teachers seem not to be fully aware of the value of...
- A PRIMER IN THE ROMANIAN LANGUAGE IN THE CONTEXT OF SCHOOL REFORM IN SERBIA. Zujka, Brnduša // Journal Plus Education / Educatia Plus;Oct2011, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p137
A complex process of the school reform in Serbia has promoted a whole range of new elements in the teaching in theRomanian language. Apart from teaching staff training and new program development, new textbooks were published. We are talking about The Primer in the Romanian language, a workbook...
- SOCIOMETRIC RESEARCH IN PEDAGOGY. Ilić, Marina // Zbornik Instituta za pedagoÅ¡ka istrazivanja / Journal of the In;2013, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p24
The use of sociometric research in pedagogy implies consideration of methodological demands pertaining to the selection and formulation of sociometric criteria, the selection of sociometric techniques, instruments and sociometric group classification methods. Various authors agree that...
- National Curriculum Reform and New Elementary School Language Arts Textbooks in Greece. Fterniati, Anna; Spinthourakis, Julia Athena // International Journal of Learning;2006, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p37
Curriculum reform in education is dependent on the recognition of changes in the world around us as well as advances made in theory and praxis. Such reform needs to be founded on inclusive and well-designed plans as well as on efforts of policy makers and stakeholders to successfully implement...
- The 1990-91 school year saw 229 incidents in which groups tried to remove or restrict learning materials in the public schools, a 20 percent increase over the previous year. // Education Week;9/4/1991, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p2
The article reports on certain incidents in the school year 1990 to 1991 in which certain groups tried to restrict learning materials in public schools in the U.S.