NYC Casts Spotlight on Carson-Dellosa, Boosts Opportunities for Other Supplemental Publishers
- K-12 Sales Inch Up In July, While College Sales Show Stronger Growth. // Educational Marketer;09/06/99, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the sales of instructional materials for K-12 and college students in the United States in July 1999.
- Publishers Cast Wary Eye on Proposed National Clearinghouse for K-12 Instructional Materials. // Educational Marketer;4/8/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Department of Education to set up a national clearinghouse for K-12 instructional materials as of April 2002. INSET: Clearinghouse Precedents.
- New Products. // Educational Marketer;7/8/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p6
Announces the release of instructional materials in the U.S. Interactive software program that correlates with state and national math standards; One-volume print encyclopedia; Integrated progress-tracking module.
- U.S. College Sales Up 10.8 % in 2002 For Twice the Growth of 2001. // Educational Marketer;2/10/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the increase in the gross sales of instructional materials for college students in the U.S. Rate of increase; Factors contributing to the sales growth; Release of the financial results of McGraw-Hill Cos.
- Write a mile in another's shoes. // Curriculum Review;Dec96, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p9
Highlights a creative-writing activity for students at several grade levels using five pairs of very different shoes for them to imagine who the owner may be. Additional things to do; Comments from high school teacher, Kimberly A. Dana.
- Teachers' helpers. Catri, Deborah Bingham // Vocational Education Journal;Mar96, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p28
Presents a resource guide to materials centers available to vocational education professionals. Previewing materials; Learning aids. INSET: Where to find affordable learning aids..
- Merlot. Schell, George P.; Burns, Max // e-Service Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p53
University faculties are under increasing pressure to do more with less. They are expected to continuously improve educational experiences to more students at less expense. Without assistance, the pressures of increasing demands and decreasing resources may prove too great to maintain a high ...
- YOUTH REACH. // American Libraries;Nov79, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p615
Presents updates on various educational resources in the United States, compiled as of November 1979. Pepperwood Productions Inc. and Field Educational TV's television program series on recent children's books; Public Library of Columbus and Franklin County's loan of copies of a slide/tape...
- It's Time to Abolish Conventional Curriculum Guides. English, Fenwick W. // Educational Leadership;Dec86/Jan87, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p50
Discusses reasons why curriculum guides are wasteful expenditure of educational resources in the United States. Criticism against contents of curriculum guides; Lack of quality in most curriculum documents; Costly and time-consuming.