No Pain, No Change
- Tap Into Success. // Muscle & Fitness Hers;Aug2004, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p17
Recommends the emotional freedom technique in order to overcome self-doubt and fear. Steps on the application of the technique.
- Overcome Doubts, Build Self-Confidence. Davidson, Jeff // OfficePro;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p6
Offers advice on maintaining confidence that is independent of the frequency of change. Description of a confident person; Importance of confidence to achieving success and happiness; Effect of self-doubt on effectiveness.
- Believe that Change is a boon. Hariharaputhran, D. // Paintindia;Nov2009, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p139
The author calls on the paint industry to respond to and adopt changes. He compares men who refuse change to monkeys that attack one that tries to climb the ladder to get a bunch of bananas but do not know why. He says that businesses grow if the men behind them believe and have faith in their...
- When a prostitute becomes an orphan: Pierre Mac Orlan's Le Quai des brumes (1927) in the service of poetic realism. Weiner, Susan // Studies in French Cinema;2006, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p129
On the eve of World War II and after the defeat of France, keepers of order, no matter what their ideological bent, were convinced of a connection between Marcel Carnï¿½'s 1938 adaptation of Pierre Mac Orlan's Quai des brumes (1927) and the mood of the times. The unsavoury spectrum of...
- A healthy doubt? // Ardell Wellness Report;Winter95, Issue 37, p3
Discusses the question whether it is healthy at any point to doubt yourself. Example of a man who never did; Reasons why it may be healthy to doubt yourself.
- Courage to create: Every artist can overcome self-doubt. Wohlmuth-Teacher, Sharon J. // Executive Speeches;Oct/Nov96, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p7
Presents a speech which was presented to the Moore College of Art in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on May 13, 1996, by Sharon J. Wohlmuth-Teacher, a photojournalist and author, which dealt with how artists can over-come their self-doubt. Wohlmuth-Teacher's reaction to her first criticism;...
- The vicious cycle of self-doubt. Potera, Carol // Shape;May2004, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p47
Focuses on the study by psychologist Herbert Mirels, on problems arising from self-doubt.
- Introduction. Nebel, Cecile // Dark Side of Creativity: Blocks, Unfinished Works, & the Urge to;1988, preceding p2
The article discusses theories to explain why artists frequently destroy or abandon their work based on esthetic principles and psychological issues they may have such as self-doubt, constant self-criticism, and the desire to surpass other artists or what psychologist Robert Frances calls...
- It's OK to doubt. // Communication Briefings;May2011, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p5
The article presents a discussion on individual doubts, fears and failures, adapted from the book "The Voice of Authority: 10 Communication Strategies Every Leader Needs to Know," by Dianna Boher.