Vaguespeak and the Thistlebottom Line
- Mind your own business. Pollock, Ted // Supervision;Feb2000, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p14
Provides information on how managers can improve their communication relationship with their subordinates. Details on dialogue skills; How to provide job satisfaction to employees; Importance of time consciousness.
- Communicating better with your boss. Skinner, Merna // Public Relations Tactics;Feb2000, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p24
Discusses ways for employees to develop better relationships with their managers in the United States. Understanding managers' preferred communication style; Description of types of bosses and advice on how best to communicate with them; Identifying an employee's own communication type.
- Take Time to Listen to Your Employees -- Old Ways in the New Century. Greenlaw, Brantley // San Diego Business Journal;10/02/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p65
Focuses on the importance of proper employee treatment in keeping the business running in San Diego, California. Importance of listening to employee suggestions; Impact of good communication on productivity; List of ways on how to treat employees properly; Provision of time and good work...
- Listen to Your Employees-Old Ways in the New Century. Greenlaw, Brantiey // San Diego Business Journal;10/02/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p123
Focuses on the importance of proper employee treatment in business enterprises in San Diego, California. Strategies to keep employees in the business; Need for good employee communication for business success; Emphasis on the importance of treating employees as real human beings.
- Practical steps to improve communication with employees. Davison, Caroline L. // New Hampshire Business Review;01/26/2001 Supplement, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p6A
Provides tips for improving communication in personnel management. Correlation between employee satisfaction and employee retention; List of common communication mistakes; Benefits of using visual aids.
- Are you asking employees the right questions? // Office Manager Today;Aug2014, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p3
The article presents five questions to ask employees in order to know what they really think including "Is everything OK?," "What can I do to help you meet your quota next quarter?," and "Don't you think you should try to be on time?"
- Shedding Some Light On The Dark Side Of Status Differences. Reinertsen, Don // Electronic Design;12/18/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 26, p56
Discusses the importance of status differences in the perspective of different industries in the United States. Effort to de-emphasize status differences between the various organization levels in less status-conscious companies; Emphasis on the differences in status-conscious companies;...
- Can 'Silo Busting' Free Trapped Intradepartmental Communication? Beaubien, Greg // Public Relations Strategist;Summer2014, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p4
The article focuses on the implication of insular management for intradepartamental communication within governments and corporations.
- "Babies, bowling scores, and babble" no longer enough. // Management Review;Oct79, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p6
Presents advice on employee communications. Role of internal communicators; Need to address issues that employees care about; Recommended focus of company publications.