State and Local Government Series Rates
- Market Indicators. // Bond Buyer;4/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31364, p35
Presents a chart depicting the market statistics of municipal bond index in the U.S.
- Moody's May Alter GO Analysis. DEPAUL, JENNIFER // Bond Buyer;8/15/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33963, p1
The article reports that the rating firm Moody's Investors Service Inc. has considered changing its rating analysis for local government general obligation bonds to focus more on debt and pension liabilities.
- Detroit Dropped to C by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;7/22/2013, p30
The article announces that Standard and Poor's (S & P) Financial Rating Services LLC has downgraded its rating on the limited- and unlimited-tax general obligation debt of Detroit, Michigan from CC to C, reflecting the city's position as the subject of a bankruptcy petition filed on July 18, 2013.
- Moody's: Seven N.J. Credits on Downgrade Review. Coen, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/16/2015, Vol. 1, p1
Seven financially-strapped New Jersey municipalities were placed on review for a possible downgrade on March 13 by Moody's Investors Service citing a heightened risk of state aid cuts.
- Moody's Seeks Comment on Methodology Changes for Utility Ratings. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/31/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34153, p1
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service released proposed changes in its rating methodology for 1,100 municipal utilities resulting in rating changes, as of July 2014. It states that proposed methodology for 1,100 essential-service utilities would apply to Moody's ratings operating as...
- Moody's Puts 10 Texas Oil Patch Credits on Review for Downgrade. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;2/26/2015, p36
The article reports on the plan of credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service as of February 2015 to review ten local governments in the Permian Basin and Eagle Ford Shale petroleum producing regions of Texas for downgrades. Topics include the vulnerability of the local bond issuers to...
- Industrial-Strength Bonds. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Mar2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p52
Reports on the plan of the local government of Albuquerque in New Mexico to change some of its local bonding rules for business and economy growth. Reason behind the decision of the local government to revisit the bond program; Proposal of the local government to tighten the control of the...
- Kentucky Lawmakers End Session With Last-Minute Pension Reforms. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;3/28/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33885, p6
The article reports that a last-minute deal has been approved by lawmakers during the Kentucky General Assembly which intends to reform the state's ailing pension system. It mentions that legislators have approved two bills such as the pension reform bill, which contributes to the state's...
- Missouri's Top Ratings Hold. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/14/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F344, p1
Missouri will offer its first new-money sale in seven years with its top ratings intact as analysts say it's too early to tell whether a newly approved constitutional amendment or tax cut package will undercut state finances.