S&P Upgrades MTA Bonds As $4.5 Billion Sale Nears
- S&P upgrades two New York agencies. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30641, p48
Reports that Standard & Poor's raised its rating on the bond issues of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority and the Thruway Authority. Strong legislative support for the bond issues; Coverage levels of the bonds in excess of their additional bond tests.
- S&P upgrades New York State's G.O. debt to `A,' outlook stable. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p6
Reports that Standard & Poor's has raised its rating on New York State's $4.7 billion G.O. bonds this 1997. Rating upgrade as a reflection of the state's improved financial operations and position on a cash and GAAP basis through fiscal 1997; Background information on the state's finances.
- Analysts: Short Strike Would Have No Effect on Rating of New York MTA. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;12/13/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32277, p36
The article reports that analysts at Moody's Investors Services Inc., Fitch Ratings Inc., and Standard & Poor's Corp., have said that a strike by the New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Agency, will not have a significant effect on the agency's credit or finances. The analysts were Scott...
- PICA's Philadelphia Refunding Gets A-Plus From S&P. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;5/28/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31644, p4
Citing strengthened debt coverage, Standard & Poor's Corp. raised its underlying rating on Pennsylvania Intergovernmental Cooperation Authority's (PICA) Series 1999 special tax revenue refunding bonds one notch, to A-plus from A. The 610 million dollars issued in 1999 was a refunding of Series...
- DELAWARE: Solid Ratings for Waste Deal. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;12/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32525, p41
The article reports on the assignment of Standard & Poor's Corp. of an AA rating to the $98.3 million of Series 2006 revenue bonds issued by the Delaware Solid Waste Authority. The rating agency's basis in assigning the rating is the state's growing economy. The bonds will be sold through...
- S&P Drops Illinois GOs to AA-Minus. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/11/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33078, p1
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s downgrade in Illinois' general obligation bond credit one to AA-minus as the state struggles with a record $9 billion budget deficit. Standard & Poor's had put the rating on CreditWatch with negative implications due to the state's fiscal battles...
- Standard & Poor's Upgrades Maine's GOs to AA from AA-Minus. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;5/16/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32630, p33
The article reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Corp. to upgrade Maine's general obligation bonds to AA from AA-minus with a stable outlook. Colin MacNaught, associate director of Standard & Poor's, related that the decision came following strengthening of the state's economy and upbeat...
- S$#X0026;P's Negative Watch on Alabama Authority Draws a Strong Response. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/9/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33095, p3
The article reports on the reaction of the state government on the negative rating given by the Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) for the Alabama Public School and College Authority in Alabama on March 27, 2009. State Finance Director Jim Main argued on the negative AA rating given by S&P,...
- Plan to Restructure MTA Debt Still on the Agenda. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p6
Reports on efforts of officials of New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to fund a five-year capital plan as of December 2000. Efforts to restructure all outstanding debt; Creation of escrow accounts where money will be placed to pay off debts; Other plans of officials.