Talking of Tans
- Port Huron Takes a Hit. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/26/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33605, p9
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. downgraded Port Huron, Michigan from AA-minus to A-plus due to its high unemployment rate, weak economy, and above-average debt load.
- Dane County, Wis., Loses Its AAA From Fitch as It Combats Deficits. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/20/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33402, p3
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. has lowered the AAA general obligation rating to AA-plus of Dane County as it fights operating deficits in Wisconsin.
- Romulus in a Stable Spot. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/4/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33691, p9
The article reports on the BBB-plus rating given by Fitch Ratings Ltd. for Romulus, Michigan and the revision of the agency's outlook to stable from negative citing the city's improving financial operations.
- WISCONSIN: Milwaukee Now Negative. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/19/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33169, p9
The article offers economic forecast for Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 2009. Fitch Ratings Ltd. ascribed top F1-plus short-term to the sale of Milwaukee of 228 million dollars but altered its forecast on the AA-plus general obligation credit of the city from stable to negative. Fitch assigned its...
- Fitch: Management Decisions Key for Calif., Ill., N.J. // Bond Buyer;11/4/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34205, p1
For Fitch's lowest rated states, California, Illinois and New Jersey, management decisions over the near term will be key to credit quality, according to a Fitch Ratings report.
- Chapter 9 Chatter in Illinois Bad News for Bondholders, Fitch Says. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;4/21/2015, p34
The article discusses about the bad news for bondholders as local government will obstruct the efforts to fiscal issue. As mentioned, Fitch Ratings Ltd. warned that nine chapter has an option for local government to obstruct to resolve fiscal struggles for protecting the bondholders. Fitch wrote...
- Fitch Upgrades California to A-Plus. // Bondbuyer.com;2/26/2015, p17
The article reports on the credit rating upgrade given by Fitch Ratings as of February 26, 2015 to the outstanding general obligation bonds of California from A to A-plus due to continued improvement in the state's fiscal fundamental fiscal position.
- Utah School District Still on Negative Watch After Split. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/14/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32754, p1
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. has put Jordan School District in Salt Lake County, Utah on negative watch after voters decided to split up the largest school district into two. According to analyst Alan Gibson, the rating agency will keep the school district on negative watch until...
- Town of Cicero gets below-average debt rating from Fitch. // Business Journal (Central New York);4/28/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p17
The article reports on the below average debt rating given by Fitch Ratings Inc. to the town of Cicero in New York. The town was rated below average BBB rating for general-obligation bonds because it did not appropriated for a lease payment in 2004. The company also cited that the town's local...