Under Pressure, Illinois Highway Authority Plans More Meetings on Toll Hike
- Illinois lawmakers at the tollway gate: Financial peril? Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;07/28/97, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p3
Presents information on fears by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority, that the cost of road projects could increase, if the agency does not remain autonomous from the General Assembly. Possible damage to the agency's credit rating; Legislation on the authority's budget; How can lawmakers...
- Higher tolls? Fix system before asking for more. // Crain's Chicago Business;09/11/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p10
Suggests that the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority should improve first its toll operations before requesting for repair funding from the state. Problems in the authority's accounting of toll change.
- Frank Rousseau. Dwyer, Ann // Crain's Chicago Business;07/28/97, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p34
Reports that Frank Rousseau, Bolingbrook-based insurance broker, have ceased to do business with the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Allegations made against the insurance broker; When is Rousseau's trial.
- Tollway Bonds on Tap for 2013 in lllinois. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;12/27/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33836, p1
The article informs that Illinois State Toll Highway Authority is planning to issue tollbacked bonds of one billion U.S. dollars in the year 2013.
- Toll Tease. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/27/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31707, p35
Reports that according to officials of the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority, despite previous predictions that a toll hike would be needed by the year 2004 to address toll road maintenance needs as required under its bond indentures, the authority's 2004 budget will not include a hike when...
- Illinois Authority Approves 10-Year, $53B Plan to Revamp Tollway System. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31981, p52
Reports on the approval of the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority of the plan to rebuild and expand the toll road system in the state. Endorsement of the plan by the board; Reliance of the plan on revenue bonds; Expectation for the authority to start borrowing to finance the project.
- Illinois Tollway Uses Forward Swaps To Hedge Its Bets and Keep Costs Down. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32539, Special section p16
The article reports on the presentation of the Bond Buyer's 2006 Midwest Deal of the Year award to the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority for its sale of fixed-rate revenue bonds in May 2006. The tollway's finance chief explains the agency's strategy to finance a $5.3 billion overhaul of...
- Report: Debt Could Help Ease in Illinois Road Plan's Toll Hike. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31386, p4
Reports the implementation of Illinois State Tool Highway Authority of increase in toll rates. Plan of upgrading the system; Impact on ratepayers; Reliance of the authority on pay-as-you-go financing.
- Illinois governor likely to embrace only limited toll reforms -- for now. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/15/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30829, p3
Reports that Illinois Governor George Ryan will likely order the removal of some tollbooths to reduce congestion on the state's toll roads. Illinois State Toll Highway Authority's report regarding the cost of various system reform options; Alternative sources to compensate for the lost revenue;...