Michigan Building Agency to Sell $215M
- Chicago Stadium Suit Pushed Back. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31290, p1
Reports that a lawsuit challenging the bond financing for renovation project of the Chicago Park District-owned Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois will not be decided until 2002 according to a Cook County Circuit Court judge. Revenue bonds issued by Illinois sports Facilities Authority; Ways by...
- Bond-Funded Development Project May Be in the Works in Mississippi. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/9/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32441, p3
This article presents information on the possibility of a bond-funded development project in Mississippi. Haley Barbour, governor of Mississippi, is likely to call a special session of the state legislature for the approval of a major economic development project that is likely to include a...
- MARYLAND: State Selling $400M of GOs. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/25/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32822, p9
The article reports on the plan to release $400 million fixed-rate general obligation (GO) bonds in a private-enterprise dealings to fund several projects in Maryland. It is averred that the transaction is the first of two GO issues that the state plans to perform in 2008. According to some...
- History-Rich Hartford, Con., Shoots for Successful 'Landing'. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;12/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31294, p1
Focuses on the Hartford revitalization project related to economic development in Connecticut. Background of the project; Source of inspiration for the project; Cost of the project.
- National infrastructure for national development. Endersbee, Lance // Australia & World Affairs;Summer98, Issue 35, p5
Focuses on economic development projects in Australia. Proposed fast freight system to service the growing trade between eastern Australia and the dynamic economies in East and South East Asia and the Middle East; Development of `just-in-time' deliveries; Role of government in creating the...
- Development projects should prosper in `95. Brown, Ellen // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/19/94, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p13
Reports on the prospects of business and community leaders of Akron, Ohio for 1995. Development projects; Charles Booth, executive director of Akron Tomorrow; Amtrak station; Renovation activities.
- Way to go. // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/10/95, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p10
Opinion. Focuses on the city government's efforts to develop Cleveland, Ohio. Persuasion of leaders to provide capital for the construction of buildings and residences; Need for more public-private partnerships to improve urban areas in the country.
- Industrial retention program lives on, as do skeptics. Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/19/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p4
Reports the continuation of the Cleveland Industrial Retention Initiative, a program design to retain and recruit existing manufacturing jobs in Cleveland, Ohio. Amount of the funding granted by the city council for the program; Benefits of the program; Initiatives to expand the presence of the...
- Group's plan: Fill up on fiber. Stacklin, Jeff // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p1
Details the Greater Cleveland Digital Project which is part of the telecommunication enhancement initiative in Cleveland, Ohio. Disclosure on the budget; Objectives; Citations of the agencies and companies involve in the project.