Jobless Claims Off 55,000 to 438,000
- Jobless Claims Drop 10,000 to 329,000. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;1/5/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32542, p2
The article reports on an increase in applications for unemployment benefits in Washington in the week ending December 30, 2006. According to data released by the U.S. Department of Labor, the number of applications for the above-mentioned period increased to 329,000, which was above the 315,000...
- Begin Job Insurance Study. // Labor Law Journal;Dec53, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p854
The article reports on the national study about unemployment insurance beneficiaries to be conducted by the Department of Employment Security of the Department of Labor in cooperation with state employment security agencies in the U.S. in 1953. Duly recommended by the Federal Advisory Council of...
- Jobless Claims Fall 13,000 to 421,000. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p2
First-time applications for state unemployment benefits dropped 13,000 to 421,000 in the week ended June 14, 2003 according to data released by the U.S. Labor Department. The 421,000 applications figure was predicted correctly by IFR BondData America's poll of economists. The four-week moving...
- Jobless Claims Up 3,000 to 422,000. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/12/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31718, p2
Reports that according to the U.S. Labor Department, applications for state unemployment benefits have rose from 3,000 to 422,000 in the week ended September 6, 2003.
- Jobless Claims Up 10,000 to 299,000. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;10/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30991, p2
Reports on an increase in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits during the week ended on September 30, 2000, according to the United States Labor Department.
- Jobless Claim Data To Be Released Today. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31293, p2
Reports on the announcement made by the U.S. Department of Labor on the release of the initial jobless claims for the week ended December 22, 2001.
- News In Brief: Jobless Claims Off 15,000 to 376,000. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p2
Focuses on data released by the U.S. Department of Labor showing decline in applications for state unemployment benefits in the week ending February 2, 2002. Revised rate of unemployment in the week ending January 26; Decrease in initial claims disclosed by various states and territories.
- News In Brief: Jobless Claims Off 5,000 to 376,000. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;3/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31340, p2
Reports on the decrease in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in the week ended March 2, 2002 according to U.S. labor Department. Estimation of the values by IFR BondData America's poll of economists; Value of decreases in 2002 and 2001.
- Jobless Claims Up 64,000 to 460,000. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p2
Reports on the increasing number of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits according to the Labor Department in the U.S. Factors attributing to the increase in applications; Rate of adjustment unemployment; Number of continued benefits.