Municipal Prices Gain 1/4 to 3/8 Point; FBE, Calif. State University Deals Sell
- Benign jobs data calms market. Sherman, Lynn; Kruger, Daniel; Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;05/11/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30390, p1
Reports on the performance of the United States municipal bond market during the May 8, 1998 trading session. Market players' anticipation of the April 1998 employment report; Impact of news about the country's unemployment level on the Treasury market; Strong performance of municipal bond...
- Munis Sag When Stocks Recover. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;09/14/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30477, p1
Reports on the performance of government securities and municipal bonds during trading in the United States on Friday September 11, 1998. Recovery of stocks; Comparison to Treasuries; Crossover buyers' decision not to commit capital; Narrowing of spread between a 30-year bond and a two-year note.
- Municipal Bonds End Day Firm As Treasuries Swing With Stocks. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31525, p2
Reports on the position of municipal bonds, treasuries and stocks in financial markets in the U.S. on December 3, 2002. Companies which issued new bonds in primary markets; Bonds purchased by financial services company J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.; Revenue bonds insured by the U.S.-based Lehman...
- Treasuries tumble, munis slip slightly as stock market has a strong day. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;01/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30313, p1
Reports that municipal bonds and Treasuries dropped points at the close of trading on January 16, 1998 while stock prices increased in the United States. Trading activity in the secondary market; Progress made by traders in follow through business; Outflows reported for tax-exempt money market...
- Municipal Prices Finish Unchanged. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31422, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of July 2002. Price of municipal bonds; Increase in equities; Growth of nonfarm payrolls.
- Treasury Gains, New-Issue Demand Push Muni Bonds to a Higher Close. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p2
Focuses on the profit earned by municipal bonds in the U.S. Performance for both oil and stock prices; Views on economic trends; Identification of the labor markets.
- Jobs Report, Fed Rate Hike Concern Drive Down Municipals, Treasuries. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31880, p2
Reports that municipal bonds followed Treasuries lower after the U.S. employment report beat forecasts for the second straight month and supported expectations that the Federal Reserve might raise its federal funds overnight lending rate as soon as June. Jobs added out of the farm sector in...
- Bond Volume Takes Major Hit in May. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p1
This article reports that the monthly volume for municipal bond issuance in the U.S. tumbled about $5.8 billion year-over-year in May 2003, one of the largest drops since an $8 billion plunge in January 2000. This drop breaks a four-month trend of year-over-year increases in bond issuance...
- Muni Yields Rise 1-2 Basis Points As N.Y. Tobacco Opens for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p2
This article presents information on performance of bond market on June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose one or two basis points while underwriters opened a retail order period on 2.2 billion dollars of New York State Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed tobacco bonds. Government...