Picking New Health Habits
- Tracking 20,000. // Farm Industry News;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p2
The article reports that Challenger has sold its 20,000th track tractor. It was as sold to D'Arrigo Brothers of California, a commercial vegetable farm that owns 16 Challenger tractors. Along with the celebration of its 20,000th tractor, Challenger also announced that the big CAT logo will be...
- D'Arrigo to lead Western Growers. // Western Farm Press;12/6/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p10
Reports on the appointment of John D'Arrigo, president of D'Arrigo Bros. Co., as head of the Western Growers board of directors in California. Career and personal background; Job responsibilities; List of members for 2004.
- TOP 100. // American Vegetable Grower;Oct2003, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p12
Presents a list of the top 100 U.S. vegetable growers in 2002. Grimmway Farms; Tanimura & Antle; D'Arrigo Bros. Co. of California Inc.
- Health and safety. // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p15
Highlights employee health and safety issues in the United Kingdom. Complaint of the trades union congress regarding the growth in occupational ill-health; Start of the safety program for the Metropolitan Police; Number of officers who will join the program.
- Awards for firms that commit to getting fit. Evans, Jill // People Management;10/10/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p53
Focuses on the winners of the 1997 Working for Health awards in Great Britain and provides information on how they are using their workplace to promote healthier lifestyle. Health promotion initiatives and programs of industrial textile manufacturer Don and Low; Health promotion facilities of...
- Plan brings county savings. Szalai, Georg // Business Insurance;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p3
Reports on the expansion of pilot program established to increase the health and productivity of workers in San Bernardino County, California. San Bernardino County's expansion of the program in April, 1998; Measures use to facilitate this expansion; Comment from Dr. Phillip Polakoff, president...
- Fit to work. Downey, Angela M. // Business Quarterly;Winter96, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p69
Focuses on the importance of promoting health in the workplace. Increase in productivity of employees who are healthy; Reduction of people's use of the primary health care system; Control of employee benefit costs; Characteristics of excellent wellness programs.
- Indiana Well-Workplace Guide. // Indiana Business Magazine;Jun2003 Supplement, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p8
Present the workplace wellness program guide in Indiana.
- Council wants to promote employee `wellness' concept. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;04/10/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p6
Reports on the Southern Nevada Wellness Council's plans to promote employee wellness in the state. Business and agencies which banded to form the organization; Mission of the council; Results of studies of employee wellness in the state.