Electric Utilities Could Refund Again If Long-Shot Bill Passes
- Looking to Compete. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;11/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31272, p1
Reports that the power utility company Salt River Project Agricultural Improvement and Power District of Arizona will issue million of refunding revenue bonds. Reason for the issuance of bonds; Amount of bonds; rating of the bonds; Maturity dates of the bonds.
- Ohio Air Quality Agency readies issues for pair of electric utilities. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;03/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30846, p3
Reports the plans to sell tax-exempt pollution control revenue refunding bonds by Ohio Air Quality Development Authority in behalf of electric utility companies in Akron, Ohio. Companies approved for refundings; Terms for the Dutch auction; Uses of original bonds proceeds.
- Austin to use refunding to invigorate utility's competitiveness. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/05/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30202, p30
Reports that the $226.8 million bond refunding of Austin, Texas marks a new era in the city utility's competitive environment. Expected savings from the refunding; Combined utility revenue issues from June 6, 1991 to August 22, 1996; Credit ratings, lead manager and insurer of the bond deals.
- MARYLAND: Harford GOs. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p31
Reports on the schedule of Harford County, Maryland to sell multi-million dollars of tax-exempt general obligation refunding bonds on January 8, 2002. Plans for the utilization of the sale's proceeds; Credit ratings given to the issue by different rating agencies.
- Merger Plan for N.J. Agencies Promises to Be a Bumpy Ride. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p3
Reports on the issues concerning on the merger of New Jersey Turnpike Authority, New Jersey Highway Authority and South Jersey Highway Authority to increase bond refunding opportunities. Need for the consent of bondholders; Identification of debt qualifying for tax-exempt; Total outstanding debt.
- Tax-exempts flat while new issues promise to lift primary market. Rannazzisi, Julie; Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p1
Focuses on the performance of the tax-exempt bond market at the end of trading on July 14, 1997. New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority's push for the sale of refunding bonds a day earlier than scheduled; Tentative total of the refunding issue; General obligation sale from the Los...
- New Hampshire Housing Agency Pulls the Plug on Refunding Deal. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31184, p37
Reports on the plans of New Hampshire Housing Agency over refunding deals. Postponement of refund schedule for balances on two tax exempt issues; Negotiation of sale refunding bonds in taxable market; Non-refundability of tax exempt mortgage bonds under the outstanding serial bonds issued on 1989.
- Nassau Set to Deal. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;3/28/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32098, p35
Reports on the deals offered by Nassau County, New York. Plan of the county to sell tax-exempt debt through its Sewer and Storm Water Finance Authority; Management of the sale by Merrill Lynch and Co.; Plan of a potential refunding through the Nassau County Interim Finance Authority.
- D.C. Transit Agency Rated Highly for Upcoming Issue. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p40
Reports on the rating for the tax-exempt refunding bonds issued by the Metropolitan Area Transit Authority in Washington D.C. Schedule for the competitive sale of the refunding bonds; Proceeds of the bond sale; Adviser of the transaction process.