U.S. Securities Prices
- U.S. Securities Prices . // Bond Buyer;10/15/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31491, p43
Presents market statistics on the securities prices in the U.S. bond market as of October 15, 2002. Bids made for the treasury bonds on October 14, 2002; Ratio of bid versus offer for the bonds due for August 2007; Fluctuations observed in the price index of Lehman Brothers Inc.'s long treasury...
- When the Insurance Regulators Sneeze, the Hybrid Market Can Catch a Cold. Finnerty, John D.; Kuan, Mary // Journal of Insurance Regulation;Summer2007, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p87
This article describes the important features of hybrid securities and shows how rating agency and insurance regulatory activity might impact the market for hybrids. Prior to 2006, insurance regulators generally did not classify hybrid securities that were rated by nationally recognized...
- This baskets for M&A bulls. // U.S. Banker;Feb95, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on the creation of Stock Upside Note Securities (SUNS) by Lehman Brothers. Amount payable at maturity hinges; Comments from Carroll Kimball, investor relations at First American.
- Does Lehman finally have it right? Horowitz, Jed // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/25/97, Vol. 63 Issue 34, p16
Focuses on Lehman Brothers' business strategy under a new management led by chairman and chief executive officer Richard Fuld Jr. Emphasis on professionalism aimed at improving profitability and gaining renewed respectability from Wall Street and clients; Plans to build higher-margin...
- Lehman smaller, but still here. Trinidad, Pablo J. // Caribbean Business;3/14/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p9
Presents information on the operation of Lehman Brothers in Puerto Rico, despite the downsizing aspects. Involvement in financing side of business; Formation of institutional trading desk by former staff members.
- Once in peril, Lehman grabs the spotlight. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;07/06/98, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p1
Presents information on Lehman Brothers Holdings Incorporated. Information on Lehman Brothers' revenue for the period ending August 1996; Background information on the company; Problems which Lehman Brothers' faced; Role of Chairman Richard Fuld in rejuvenating the company; Comments from various...
- Ivar Pietri and the Lehman Brothers team. Cintron, Hiram // Caribbean Business;7/21/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p8
Features the banking firm Lehman Brothers Incorporated. Management team; Historical background; Description of the company's operations; Implication of Lehman's bond issues.
- Lehman dilemma. Willis, Gerri // Crain's New York Business;9/25/95, Vol. 11 Issue 39, p1
Reports that the Lehman Brothers is facing the possibility of acquisition in the face of improving financial conditions following its independence. Potential buyers; Market capitalization; Chief Executive Richard Fuld's long-term agenda of broadening Lehman's products and build revenues;...
- Lehman growing group. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;2/19/96, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p38
Reports on Lehman Brothers Inc.'s preparation to expand its mergers-and-acquisitions department to 100 investment bankers. Attempts to penetrate the upper level of advisers amid deal-making boom.