Indiana Governor Calls Lawmakers Back Into Session, Demands Shortfall Solution
- Statesmanship makes rare Capitol appearance. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/1/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p14A
Discusses the impact of the budget relief and tax restructuring measure initiated by Governor Frank O'Bannon in Indianapolis, Indiana. Opponents of the measure; Reasons given by legislators for voting against the plan; Benefits of the bill according to the supporters.
- Traditional thinking thwarts cash-strapped legislators. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/27/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p14
Comments on the opinion of Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon about the budget deficit incurred by the state and details the initiatives to augment the government expenditures and improve the state's economic condition. Proposal of a flat-lining education spending in his budget; Securitization of...
- Governor's tax proposal could use a tweak. // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/04/99, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p12
Editorial. Comments on Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon's tax proposal. Need for tax reform; Legislators' need to use the governor's proposals as a starting point for creating a more comprehensive tax-relief package; Need to shift welfare costs from local governments to the state.
- Legislature grinds out biz-friendly budget bill. Ketzenberger, John // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/1/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p1A
Reports on the deficit reduction and tax restructuring bill to be signed by Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon in July 2002. Purpose of the bill; Benefits of the bill for the business industry; Views of Ed Bowman, Indiana director of the National Federation of Independent Business, on the tax...
- Indiana governor has change of heart in tax-relief campaign, but still wary. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;12/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30291, p3
Reports on the position taken by Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon, on Republican tax-relief campaign during the week of December 12, 1997. Information on O'Bannon's previous position on Republican tax-relief campaign; Amount of money in tax cuts the General Assembly approved; When these tax cuts...
- INDIANA: Big Speech. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31265, p33
Reports on the preparation of a speech by Governor Frank O'Bannon to address Indiana's economic problems and tax restructuring. Emphasis on deficit reduction and tax restructuring plans proposed by him; Presence of tax collection in the first four months of the fiscal year 2003; Decrease in the...
- Long road ahead for O'Bannon tax plan. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/17/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p19
Focuses on the plans of Governor Frank O'Bannon to restructure the tax system in Indiana. Attempt of the governor to rewrite the Indiana tax code; Plans to increase the taxes; Criticisms against the plans of the governor.
- O'Bannon will reappear at budget end-game. Feigenbaum, Edward D. // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/22/99, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p10A
Examine the role played by Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon in the state legislature's budget process. O'Bannon's offering of a budget outline in 1997 that was light on tax and fiscal changes; Development of a compromise deal that satisfied the labor segment and provided spending and tax cuts;...
- Legislators' to-do list keeps getting longer. // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/13/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p12
Editorial. Criticizes the delay in Indiana legislators' passage of bills on key issues. Assembly of special sessions; Need for the legislature to reconvene to discuss the property tax issue; Disagreement between legislators and Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon.